Either constipated or the Diarrhea from protein powder

• This topic has 6 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

jackson

Just curious if anyone else has experienced these from protein powders? I either get one or the other depending on the brand and I dont understand why, even when I take just pure WPI, with nothing added to it.How ever I can mix up milk powder and drink it down all day with no problems.Ive spent too much money on testing different powders and have come to the conclusion that I should probably give up testing them now but if anyone has any experience/advice with this, Id love to hear it.

What brand are you using?I found that I have pretty severe gastrointestinal distress from brands that cut their products with fillers. Even Optimum Nutrition has fallen into this trap.

pshannon

What brands are you trying? I have been on Biotests Metabolic Drive for a while, with no problems! I was on ON products for a very long time, and was not regular. Are you sure its the protein powder? Are you always taking the same amount?

jackson

I do have GI issues but the protein powder definitely gives me one extreme or the other.I have tried ON, Reflex, Gentec, Aussiebodies, genetix nutrition, also tried myofusion and a couple of no name plain WPIs.And yeah when I take it its always in a single serving.

What brands are you trying? I have been on Biotests Metabolic Drive for a while, with no problems! I was on ON products for a very long time, and was not regular. Are you sure its the protein powder? Are you always taking the same amount?

Metabolic Drive is a great product. I can't stand the flavors anymore but the composition is top notch.

I do have GI issues but the protein powder definitely gives me one extreme or the other.I have tried ON, Reflex, Gentec, Aussiebodies, genetix nutrition, also tried myofusion and a couple of no name plain WPIs.And yeah when I take it its always in a single serving.

A few of those brands I know use fillers. Have you tried a blend? Team Skip from TrueNutrition is a good one. (You can save an additional 5%with a coupon code, such as AND028.) Have you tried any non-whey proteins? Casein, gemma, rice?

jackson

A few of those brands I know use fillers. Have you tried a blend? Team Skip from TrueNutrition is a good one. (You can save an additional 5%with a coupon code, such as AND028.) Have you tried any non-whey proteins? Casein, gemma, rice?

I have tried rice but it didnt last long it was horrible really grainy it was worse than getting a mouthful of sand at the beach.I should have mentioned I live in Australia so some of the brands like truenutrition arent available here, I checked pricing last time for truenutrition and it was about $90 for shipping.Im looking into trying milk protein, I figure if I can drink a litre of milk without any issues I should be able to drink that right? just finding a decent one is difficult in Aus.Casein is similar to milk protein, just missing the 20% whey portion right?

I have tried rice but it didnt last long it was horrible really grainy it was worse than getting a mouthful of sand at the beach.I should have mentioned I live in Australia so some of the brands like truenutrition arent available here, I checked pricing last time for truenutrition and it was about $90 for shipping.Im looking into trying milk protein, I figure if I can drink a litre of milk without any issues I should be able to drink that right? just finding a decent one is difficult in Aus.Casein is similar to milk protein, just missing the 20% whey portion right?

Correct.And the shipping balances out. I've lived abroad and a big TN order often still ended up being cheaper than similar "high end" brands price-wise.Also, for Rice protein, a good flavoring system will help mask the taste quite a bit. Mixing it with gemma (pea) protein will also help with the mouthfeel. I would definitely try a pure casein protein to see what it does for you.

jackson

Correct.And the shipping balances out. I've lived abroad and a big TN order often still ended up being cheaper than similar "high end" brands price-wise.Also, for Rice protein, a good flavoring system will help mask the taste quite a bit. Mixing it with gemma (pea) protein will also help with the mouthfeel. I would definitely try a pure casein protein to see what it does for you.

cheers i ordered some it took them 5 days to even ship it, kinda slack i think but ill see when it gets here.

cheers i ordered some it took them 5 days to even ship it, kinda slack i think but ill see when it gets here.

They recently moved to a new facility, which may be the cause of the delay. E-mail cmanes@truenutrition.com if it is an issue - he'll be able to make it right.

jigga

I learned a valuable lessen this week, I ran out of quality protein this week while waiting for my shipment from protein factory… bought some isolate from Walmart, long story short, I haven't had one solid bm all week. Never again! I'm gonna have at least 5lbs stock at all times from now on.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I used to have major GI issues from whey protein.  I switched to using protein factory protein and it went away.  The stuff I was using before was Chinese crap.

jcgomez

I switched to using protein factory protein and it went away.

What exactly are you having added if anything to the blends? What flavor? Sweetener? Leucine? Is it an issue that it contains soy lecithin? I thought we were supposed to steer clear of soy?

Richard Schmitt

I guess a finding a good custom mix would be optimal. Still trying to find which one works best and putting pen-paper on expenses in regards to what I get and what is better.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I switched to using protein factory protein and it went away.

What exactly are you having added if anything to the blends? What flavor? Sweetener? Leucine? Is it an issue that it contains soy lecithin? I thought we were supposed to steer clear of soy?

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you are asking.  I just said that I switched from low quality whey protein from China to higher quality whey from protein factory and it improved my GI issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Either constipated or the Diarrhea from protein powder

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?