Epic backload and I feel like crap…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Spartan
    Participant

A lingering hamstring injury has kept me out of the Crossfit box so I’ve been hitting some heavy duty weight lifting sessions. Yesterday’s training went exceptionally well so I decided to go off the deep end for my backload…shake-shack burgers, fries and a shake followed by a trip to the pancake house about an hour later. Then before tapping out I downed 4 D&D donuts…this morning Im very vascular and tight BUT I feel like a slug…zero drive. Any thoughts on what went wrong? I’m thinking the obvious (I ate garbage) but I’m wondering if there’s more too it?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Spartan.

Richard Schmitt

Could just be the overload of all those carbs at one time. Happens to me every once in a while. I try to go about my day as normal, and drink quite a bit of water.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Probably because you ate a whole bunch of stuff that doesn’t agree with you. Another possibility was that you might have had poor sleep quality due to falling blood sugar levels at night.

Oldschool84
    Participant

You ate to much, period. The goal isn’t to eat until you wanna puke, the goal is to store glycogen. I personally backload from 6-930 then my last meal is only protein.
    I workout early AM, if I overdo it I wake up bloated, feeling gross, and mentally groggy. I’ve found smaller more frequent loads are better ,and going to sleep feeling you could
    Have done more, not like a glutton pig. I have my best workouts when I’m just alil hungry and don’t feel full In the AM. Also my blood sugar is lower when I wake , and I would
    Imagine so is insulin. Like people have said its not a magical diet with no rules.

RagE

I get this feeling to, not if I eat too much, but if i eat too much crap. When i go the donut and pizza way, i always end up feeling like shit. Might be all the junk in the fastfood/pre-made snacks, might be from all the fat, might be from poor sleep. All i know is that i feel ALOT better if i backload on rice/potato/sweetpotato and limit the donut/pizza/candy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Epic backload and I feel like crap…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?