Explanation Please

• This topic has 7 voices and 38 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

JR
    Keymaster

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-blueprint-to-getting-big.html                    Is this article incorrect for the shockwave information given? This actually shows 4 reps. And it makes it seem like one set is 5 mini sets of 4 reps

soulmind

Yeah…. clear as mud.

soulmind

As for the four reps per set I think another article stated 3-5 reps per shockwave set.  Was either T-Nation or the prior M&F article.

JR

I never heard of the 3-5 reps per shockwave  set. I hope Kiefer can clear this up. I mean in the new article it shows doing an elect movement with 3 sets of 3 reps. Would that be 9 reps or 45 reps total?

JR

@soulmind did you see the random picture of the dragon flag in Kiefer's new article? I mean where is that supposed to go? Even the picture for the 45-Degree Low-Pull-Down makes no sense or is incorrect.

soulmind

You ever seen Rocky 4?  I think it's the same move Sly Stallone uses in one of the training montages:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UaLL79KJEc&feature=fvstLook at 1:15.As for the rep range, in Kiefer's own article on the web site says 2-4 reps in ELECT training:http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/542/the-shockwave-protocols-1-0/#more-542    When implementing ELECT, the idea of a set becomes fuzzy (no pun intended for those familiar with fuzzy set        theory). Each “set” is actually only 2 to 4 ELECT reps, followed immediately by another set of 2 to 4 ELECT reps at a higher weight, and so on for an attempted five sets. With the aid of a spotter, on a selector-type machine or if you bust your ass, each group of ELECT reps becomes the part of one long set of 10 to 20 repsAs for the Low-Pull-Down I have no fucking clue.  Hope this helps!

Richard Schmitt

For ELECT I gathered it is One movement for that certain exercise. Doing the 2-4 reps at that weight, quickly increasing the weight to do another 2-4 reps. You do 5 bouts of 2-4 reps, increasing the weight each bout. Does this help? ONE MOVEMENT=10-20 REPS Now if I'm sure how MF puts it, but I am planning on buying the magazine soon. Personally this week (since I got my weights down for ELECT) I am going to do these movements 3 times. 5 bouts with 4 reps. Adding them up to 60 reps. Basically doing 3 Sets with 20 reps, same thing, just increasing the weight.Does this help y'all? I'm not Kiefer, and I'm not an expert, but this is what I gathered, and this is how I'm going to use till the newer, more explained version comes out.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I was thinking about doing that too, Tex.  I found that if I hustled, I could get through a shockwave 1.0 workout in about 25 minutes, feeling like I could do more.  I may go back to my own regimen while on CBL.

Richard Schmitt

Yeah I did the Chest and Biceps today, and I have to admit the way I did it…really worked my upper today. The ELECT movements I rested 30 seconds in-between each time, and did the total movement 3 times. Literally doing 60 reps total. Plus I did HIIT this morning, and a bit of abs after this workout.

robhally

This is something I'm still a little confused about. I tried the legs shockwave workout and was out of the gym within 30 minutes. That is ridiculously fast for a leg day. Is the elect set only one set of 15ish reps? Or do I perform each elect set 3 times for 45ish reps? The former seems way too few, and the latter seems to be overkill. Any clarification would be appreciated.

CaseyD

Kiefer has mentioned in another thread that it is 1 set, with a total of 15 (or whatever) reps. So, no, it doesn't seem like much and I've yet to try it, but that's what he recommends.

Richard Schmitt

This is something I'm still a little confused about. I tried the legs shockwave workout and was out of the gym within 30 minutes. That is ridiculously fast for a leg day. Is the elect set only one set of 15ish reps? Or do I perform each elect set 3 times for 45ish reps? The former seems way too few, and the latter seems to be overkill. Any clarification would be appreciated.

I mentioned it prior to your post on how I did it and how it is performed bud.

JR

I know what a dragon flag is….the article shows a picture of a dragon flag but its not included in workout.

JR

I still have no clue what to do…. :'(    Where did everyone see that it can be 2-4 reps per mini set? was that in Kiefer's article?

soulmind

I put the link to the article where he said that and the exact quote is in italics in one of my earlier posts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Explanation Please

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?