Fasted AM Workouts??…Input Appreciated!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

thezukiman
    Participant

Like the title says…is this still a thing? The idea of a fasted workout scares me (muscle loss…)

I mean I understand if I were to backload the night before..then get up, take coffee and train I would be using what I put in the muscles that night…but I am doing 6 days of ULC before carb loading for my Bodybuilding show and am training twice a day. 1st thing in AM, then in PM after work. Should I still go fasted or take the Ignition Shake or Accelerator Shake and then train…then after slam 20-30g Whey Iso?

Thanks!

-Z

Robert Haas
    Participant

No need to worry about losing any muscle with fasted AM training. I do this all the time and have lost no muscle only fat.
    For my AM training I just do caffeine. Sometimes I will do late morning then it’s only 10 to 12 grams whey in coconut milk an hour before then caffeine. Even 5pm training I go ULC all day and eat nothing after 1 or 2 pm. Only water and/or caffeine pre-training.
    When training is done, it’s overfeeding time.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

thezukiman
    Participant

What if not backloading? Like redoing the prep or doing a modified Carb Nite? I’ll be 6-7 days ULC and training 1-2 times a day AM & PM workouts. If not backloading or reloading would u still do fasted sessions?

Thanks Shadow!

Robert Haas
    Participant

What you are asking is a bit beyond my experience since I don’t do 2-a-day training. I would assume you would eat a protein/fat meal between training. Sorry I am not much help on that one.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Not that I have much knowledge in this either, but I would assume you want to get some protein in before your morning session. For one thing, while ULC-ing it’s highly recommended to cut down on training volume. 2-a-day on ULC is already a LOT, way more than a lot, especially considering you’re doing body building style training (I think, sorry if my assumption is wrong).

Resistance training relies on glycogen. Doing fasted training and an afternoon training on a depleted glycogen state will most likely go into your muscle for fuel, and you being really lean will accelerate that. At least get some whey or something before your morning session. Eat something before your afternoon session too. Either that, cut out your training volume, or both.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Alca
    Participant

if you go to the gym immediately after waking up (not 2-3 hours later or so) you can just use MCT Oil or Coconut Oil or Coffee only
    if you go a bit later you should take around 10g of BCAAs, Insulin will be back to baseline after the workout

https://alcaflow.com - for fitness, travel, personal development and more
    - CBL / CNS related content!

thezukiman
    Participant

Ok good info….

I just got up so I plan to do the Accelerator Shake, wait 30 min then hit the gym 4 a brief circuit style session (30min)…then have ULC pwo shake. Then this evening I’ll have another Accelerator Shake 30 min following do another brief workout with pwo low carb Shake following.

Sound legit?

Thanks!

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

Just for additional input..

I lift fasted after a day (sometimes two) of being ulc, then eat ulc an hour or two after. Then I backload that night. No shake or anything.

My gainz are still intact.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fasted AM Workouts??…Input Appreciated!!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?