Fat intake confusion

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

Alright guys I'm kind of going to play devils advocate because I can't make up my mind on a carb nite should I worry about fat even though keifer says not to later in the evening? My concern is if there is a 2 hour post workout period were it is nearly impossible to store fat why wouldn't I eat fats then ? And also fats aren't available until hours after the insulin spike then it shouldn't matter correct ? but should I take those data off my next days intake ? Just playing both sides guys to get a good point for my night and my carb note has gone well eating whatever it's just the amount you eat. Even though you get the opportunity once a week I think you need to judge it based on what you feel maybe that's more for back loading but to get low body far carb nite integrates with back loading as Keifer stated in an interview with propane fitness … Thoughts guys? Hopefully someone can give me opinions

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I'm doing CBL so you can take my advice for whatever it's worth to you.When I CBL I don't worry about fats. I had pizza, oreos and cheesecake tonight - all of which contain fat. I would guess not to go out of your way worrying about it. I also had gummy candies which don't have fat. You might just want to start CNS with the mindset that you'll figure it out as you go. If you made a list of the top 5 carb-laden foods you really wanted to eat then some are probably high in fat and some are low - which will balance out just fine LOL. Just eat what you really want to eat. If you find that things aren't moving in the direction you want them to then one solution would be to lower the fat. I know there are scientific reasons that other people may post regarding fat content during CNS but I don't retain that information very well (I read it, get it and then apply it but it's hard to remember the specifics!) - this is just my observational opinion after doing this for a month and a half.

Kiefer
    Participant

Stating that it's nearly impossible two-hours post training to store fat has nothing to do with the ingestion of fats. Carbohydrates convert into fat for storage (through various mechanisms, including forming the backbone of the triaglycerol molecule). We care that the body won't store fat after a training session not because we're eating fat but because we're eating a shit ton of carbs and creating a massive insulin spike; two things that normally trigger lipogenesis.Afterwards, later in the evening, as you state, the fats won't be available for storage or energy for several hours post-consumption. So, eating a pizza before bed isn't a big deal because the last insulin spike won't interfere with the fat burning that will occur roughly an hour after insulin levels return to normal.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I suppose that's a pretty decent scientific answer… 😮  ;D

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

Thank you that completely cleared everything up for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fat intake confusion

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?