Fat sources ?

• This topic has 14 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

Can somebody throw out some fat sources for protein fat days besides coconut oil, steak, butter and bacon ? I need to get to like 160 a day and It seems impossible

More butter.Just being honest.The fats you want to focus on are animal fats and coconut oils, other then that a little bit of plant fat can be okay, but keep things based around animal fat.

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

That's what I do 1lb or 2 of bacon , bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips !! What about pork rinds ? 15g fat a bad no carbs 8 grams of Protein 4.5 g saturated 7.5 mono unsaturated 3 grams poly unsaturated any ideas ? Too many mono unsaturated right ?

I wouldn't do store bought because I'm pretty sure they add shitty oils.If you can get some homemade crackling that'd be epic.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I use blue cheese dressing…is this considered animal fats? Now I'm curious as to the category it's under  ???

Depends on what's in the dressing.It likely uses canola oil or soybean oil, those seem to be the most common used oils in stuff like that.Cheese is animal fat though, so if it's homemade with some MCT oil or something you could have some bomb stuff.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I use blue cheese dressing...is this considered animal fats? Now I'm curious as to the category it's under  ???

That's almost always made from soybean oil, so no.

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

Alright home made pork rinds it is give me a day to expire recipes and guys I'll get back to you on this posting

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Macademia nuts aren't bad.  Just don't rely on them too much.

Pete

Is butter preferred over coconut oil or are they equally good for our purpose?

Jack O'Neill

Macademia nuts aren't bad.  Just don't rely on them too much.

Could you explain why? Good fat, few carbs....

monsieurjkb

Plant fats. monounsaturated predominantly. Again no need to avoid, just know that animal fats are better

jcgomez

What about pork rinds ?

Heads up...if you are trying to keep the 50:50 ration, pork rinds have more protein (7 grams)  than they do fat (5 grams) and they do have soybean oil. If you are looking for homemade ones and do not want to make them yourself (I do not even know where you could by pig skin), check your local Mexican grocery store out. They usually have them in the back, near the meat, in huge sheets.

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

The ones I bought were 15:0 fat to protein with nothIng but salt and pork rinds I just compensated the protein by using chicken

jcgomez

The ones I bought were 15:0 fat to protein with nothIng but salt and pork rinds I just compensated the protein by using chicken

Where did you find those? Brand? The only thing I can find with any regularity unless I go out of my way (I travel quite a bit) are the Frito-Lay Baken-ets and they are 5:7 fat to protein.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fat sources ?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?