Fat sources ?

• This topic has 14 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

Smoked herrs

Kaprice

Yeah, I've got the Baken-Ets and they're great.

legion78

ok quick question…………..processed meats like sausages, brats and stuff like that…………………..go or no go. On the upside have a big fat to protein ration. On the downside, high in sodium. Also has anyone every been bloated after a protein/fat meal. For instance, i had 2-1/4 lb burgers, 1 oz cheese, 5 oz bacon at like 12:30/1pm..............it's now 4pm and Im eating again and not 100% starving. The thing that always has me worried that this plan is NOT working for me is that I do not suffer from the hunger like everyone else, lots of times (not on a CN) I have a longing feeling of NOT being hungry for the next meal. It's almost like I can eat once a day and be alright. Is that strange or normal. Plus I have not seen the scale move in weeks............at all, so again......Im stumped

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

ok quick question..............processed meats like sausages, brats and stuff like that.......................go or no go. On the upside have a big fat to protein ration. On the downside, high in sodium. Also has anyone every been bloated after a protein/fat meal. For instance, i had 2-1/4 lb burgers, 1 oz cheese, 5 oz bacon at like 12:30/1pm..............it's now 4pm and Im eating again and not 100% starving. The thing that always has me worried that this plan is NOT working for me is that I do not suffer from the hunger like everyone else, lots of times (not on a CN) I have a longing feeling of NOT being hungry for the next meal. It's almost like I can eat once a day and be alright. Is that strange or normal. Plus I have not seen the scale move in weeks............at all, so again......Im stumped

They are ok, but not the best.  I would stick to non-processed meats.

legion78

ibobland: ok, im making a quick shopping liststeak (the more marbled the better)beef (80/20)chickenground porkcoconut oilbutterMCT oil...............anything Im missing

zewski

BACON!!!

Dr. Rocky Patel
    Participant

Kerrygold or grassfed ghee on everything

jcgomez

ibobland: ok, im making a quick shopping liststeak (the more marbled the better)beef (80/20)chickenground porkcoconut oilbutterMCT oil...............anything Im missing

Kiefer has now said that fat from chicken is not optimal.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Kiefer has now said that fat from chicken is not optimal.

LOL - another awesomness of CBL - I'm so over chicken that I have ANOTHER reason to avoid it...

CaseyD

Fat from chicken is fine…Fat from chicken skin, not good.

monsieurjkb

Fat from chicken is fine...Fat from chicken skin, not good.

does not compute  😮

Fat from chicken is fine...Fat from chicken skin, not good.

does not compute  😮

Same reaction here.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

There is a small amount of fat in chicken with the skin removed and it is pretty much all saturated fat.  Anyway, chicken breast is a good protein source for backloads because it is cheap as hell.  I don't know about you, but I save the grass fed beef for when I am ULC.  Plus who doesn't enjoy some BBQ chicken?

legion78

ibobland, hey that barbq stuff brings up a good question……………….what about seasoning food, like marinades made from a packet where you add in water and oil. Reason being I can't eat bland food, so basically I should stay away from pre-made bottled stuff, right. Also, I picked up a copy of POWER magazine today, and Kiefer says that Macadamia nuts are best when paired when used with a low fat protein source, like chicken. What do you think

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fat sources ?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?