Figured I’d Finally Post a Pic

• This topic has 8 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Roadblock
    Participant

So what's your opinion? Like I said, in the pic I am 263 lbs. My waist was 38 – 40. My goal is to get 220 lbs. I look at myself in the mirror and honestly don't see where 40 lbs of fat is hiding. I am not saying that I am not still overweight, I just can't see 40 lbs. I am 5' 10″ by the way.RB

Gl;itch.e

Trust me when I say fat is a cunning bitch and hides in the least suspected places. Have a look at Lee Haywards pic on the front page of his website. http://www.leehayward.com/bodybuilding/ Thats apparently a 40lb difference! Doesnt look like he got any smaller, just dropped some fat and some water weight. You know the score. You should be focused more on how you want to look and feel rather than what gravity says your weight is on a scale!

Roadblock
    Participant

Shit.. That's eye opening.Ok, let me come at this from a different angle then. I am not going to guess BF % because I haven't had it checked in a while so don't want to give bad info. In my eyes a healthy BF % for me would be 10% - 12%. If I use my goal of another 40 lbs of weight to lose that would put me at 220 lbs. So if I assume I would be at 10 - 12 % at 220 lbs that means that I am at roughly 30 % bf in this after pic. I don't think that I am that high so is 40 lbs reasonable or would more like 20 - 30 lbs get me to 10 or 12%.Hope I didn't confuse anyone  😮RB

Gl;itch.e

Shit.. That's eye opening.Ok, let me come at this from a different angle then. I am not going to guess BF % because I haven't had it checked in a while so don't want to give bad info. In my eyes a healthy BF % for me would be 10% - 12%. If I use my goal of another 40 lbs of weight to lose that would put me at 220 lbs. So if I assume I would be at 10 - 12 % at 220 lbs that means that I am at roughly 30 % bf in this after pic. I don't think that I am that high so is 40 lbs reasonable or would more like 20 - 30 lbs get me to 10 or 12%.Hope I didn't confuse anyone  😮RB

The skin from the extremme weight loss will cloud any guess at BF% somewhat. If its available to you a proper BF% test would be an option. But in the end the actual number means very little. If you are feeling happier, healthier and able to do the things you want to do that is far more important.

Scope75

The skin from the extremme weight loss will cloud any guess at BF% somewhat. If its available to you a proper BF% test would be an option. But in the end the actual number means very little. If you are feeling happier, healthier and able to do the things you want to do that is far more important.

Truth about the skin and it'll cover lots of progress but it'll catch up after a while.

Roadblock
    Participant

I just want my next goal that's all. I understand the benefits of what I have already done.RB

Phatty

You've done really fucking well.I can relate to not seeing a difference in yourself. I've lost a lot of weight in the past year but when I look down, I still see fat in the same areas.It can be pretty discouraging at times. Especially when progress seems to stall.

Scope75

You've done really fucking well.I can relate to not seeing a difference in yourself. I've lost a lot of weight in the past year but when I look down, I still see fat in the same areas.It can be pretty discouraging at times. Especially when progress seems to stall.

I think former fatties are super tough on there selfs because Ive been pretty lean but I still wasn't happy or as happy as I'm should of been.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Figured I’d Finally Post a Pic

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?