First Carb Nite

• This topic has 2 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

xaggie95
    Keymaster

Wow.  I was anxiously awaiting the beginning of it but about 1/2 through the evening it became a chore.  All in all I feel great this morning and had a good night sleep (not any different from previous nights)Let me know how I did.  Fat 146gCarbs 406gProtein 104gWhey Protein Drink (I think this was likely a mistake since I felt a little full before I started Carb Nite)3 Chicken Tacos with Cheese and Flour Tortillas1 cup of White RiceA lot of chips and salsa (approx 108g of carb in just chips)1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich5 Flour Tortillas (with butter)3 Glazed DonutsBefore bed Ghiradelli chocolate squaresPlenty of waterI couldn't get anymore food down.  I did notice my body felt a little tingly as the night wore on.  Maybe the surge of insulin?  Quick question, is the next Carb Nite and subsequent ones supposed to mirror this one as far as intake? 

lexx

I can't yet speak from experience, but from reading, I think the following are markers of a good carbnite:1. Spike insulin with quick absorbing, rather than slow release, carbs.2. Feeling of psychological satisfaction at being able to have foods that are forbidden on low-carb days.3. Feeling ready to start the next 7 low carb days.4. Not too high in fat.5. EnjoyableI can't really comment on the macro ratio breakdown - but I will be consuming at least 600g of carbs on my carbnite. 400g seems quite low - but everyone's different.

paull

first carb nite after 10 days?had the same on wednesday and went way more crazy! ;Ddid more like 900g of carbs(just could´nt stop eating,even though my stomach hurt! :D) and was still pretty tight the next day.in case you´re a women the backload was of course still pretty decent! 😉

xaggie95

LOL… I'll need to step up the game next go around.

paull

try it!never thought of looking that good after slamming that stupid amount of stupid food(ate a mountain of fries,whole apple-pie and a pack of froot loops),but i´m leaner+fuller than i was before right now! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First Carb Nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?