First Carb – nite – let me know what you think

• This topic has 7 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

catalyst187
    Keymaster

After 10 days or re-orientation I hit my first carb nite! Here's what I ate for the 10 days everyday up until 3pm - coffee, egcg, water 3pm4 eggs, hunk of pepperoni, 3-4 oz of cheese, 30g protein shake with heavy cream 9-10 (if I trained 10) 1lb ground beef w/ a few slices of bacon smothered in mustard30g protein shake w/bcaa if I trained 2 eggs maybe a spinach salad w/ cukes and peppersmulti vitamins/handful of omega 3's/ 2 scoops metamucil carb-nite 3 pm 30g protein shake w/cream2 baked sweet potatoes 300g chicken breast 9pm (went whole hog)2 bananas 2 cups white rice with ketchup150g of chicken breast6-7 slices of pepperoni pizza3 klondike ice cream cones8 cookies thats all I think 🙂 Feel great today - not bloated or anything and had some night sweats and severe DRY mouth this morning Let me know what you guys thing about my regime - where I can improve what I can drop etc. Thanks so much!

Damon Amato
    Participant

keep the carb window shorter (<6hours) so you don't up-regulate the glycolytic cycle.  Otherwise, pretty good.  How much do you weigh?  I'm guessing you don't need that much protein.

Richard Schmitt

Looks pretty good! Glad you got to enjoy yourself, but to piggy back off of what Dmunnee mentioned it's best to keep it less than 6 hours, and me personally at least an hour or two before bed.

catalyst187

I'm weighin in at 200 205 ish Haven't jumped on the scale since the carb niteI'll be sure to shorten the carb window thanks !

pshannon

“Hunk of peperoni” made the post.

catalyst187

Hunks and chunks —- new measuring units brother lol

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

All I have to say is OMG that's a lot of food both prep and carb-nite LOL – did you lost weight in the prep-phase?. I'll leave the constructive criticism to the guys 😛

catalyst187

In the re orientation I dropped 8-9lbs in the the ten days For protein/fat days I aim for 6eggs 1lb of meat beef/chicken whatever3scoops of protein powder Anything green vegetable 3-6oz cheeseCarbnite --- 2-3sweet potatoes 2cuos white riceCookies/pizza/donuts whatever as the night goes on That's just all for simplicity sake I don't want to obsess over what to eat and how much so I'll set some Basic principles for myself and see where I'm at after 2 weeks and tweak if need be - so far don't know what I weigh I haven't Checked but I'll probly check Friday morning because that's might next carbnite Again any advice/criticisms from carbnite vets or newbies (like me) please don't hesitate !

catalyst187

had my 3rd CN last night and the AMOUNT of carbs I can cram down has dropped a bit and on top of that feel didn't feel like eating them at all reallyanyone get that way?

f_montgomery

Are you a follower of Anthony Mychal, perchance?

catalyst187

Def was my man

cutting back the eggs however read on CBL that 3 or more in a sitting spike insulin

zewski

That's only if you eat nothing with them. if you have some fatty meat along with the eggs you should be fine.

catalyst187

True true, but how much fat is some? I'd rather err on the side of caution know what I mean?

Richard Schmitt

True true, but how much fat is some? I'd rather err on the side of caution know what I mean?

I would say it depends on how much eggs you're eating. If I'm eating two eggs, 1 Tbsp of butter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First Carb – nite – let me know what you think

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?