First Carb Nite – Thoughts

• This topic has 3 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

So… i waited the full 10 days and just experienced the first carb-nite last night.  Here are my thoughts.Post Workout: After Chest workout - Had 40grams protein with 60 pure dextrose powder @7:20pm -  Felt a little full - i work until 6 so that's the earliest i can finish my workout.@845 - had a few slices of meat lovers pizza.  im guessing that was between 1000 and 1200 calories.  @11:00pm i got down on about 7 baked cookies (macadamian nut and peanut butter),  6 scoops of BlueBell Chocolate ice cream, 2 chocolate covered donuts and a small slice of cake... accompanied by 16oz of 2% milk.I felt okay after ingesting all of the above, however i noticed my body didn't put off the heat wave it normally does, when carb backloading at least... which was nice because i enjoy NOT sweating in bed.  LOL  Woke up the this morning... pants fitting my waistline about the same - my skin still feels moderately tight, unlike when i eat too many carbs i get softer.  Overall:  for me it was a little more psychological in that... when it came down to eating the junk, i didn't want it as bad as i thought i did the first couple days on Carb nite.  I think the next carb nite i will aim for potatoes and stuff and just limit the cookies/cake.  but i'm def.  satisfied with the results and back to Fat/Protein only days 🙂 waiting to see how the fat burning works on my body.Comments?

zewski

I'd say keep to cleaner carbs (as well as lower fat) at the beginning  of your carb nite windowAlthough I'm being a total hypocrite since I crushed an entire crumb-cake to start off my first carb nite  ;DPlus, you already seem to have the concept of clean-->the good stuff as the night goes on. However, I think you'll find that once you switch to more glucose-dense carb sources instead of sucrose/fructose based ones like cookies and cake that you'll be burning like a furnace. Congrats on the progress, and good luck!

Big_R
    Participant

your probably rightEven when i was doing backloading i never ate THAT much junk all in one whack. i stuck to the basics and burning up.

zewski

Yea, but it's pretty hard to not got hog-wild on your first carb nite (I know I enjoyed mine)At least you can use it as a starting point

Big_R
    Participant

Yea, but it's pretty hard to not got hog-wild on your first carb nite (I know I enjoyed mine)At least you can use it as a starting point

you seem pretty knowledgable on cns so i wanted to ask about the splenda.  i understand the properties of sucralose however, are we supposed to monitor them like they are carbs?  i thought i saw somewhere on here that it doesn't really matter

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

you seem pretty knowledgable on cns so i wanted to ask about the splenda.  i understand the properties of sucralose however, are we supposed to monitor them like they are carbs?  i thought i saw somewhere on here that it doesn't really matter

Sucralose, no.Splenda does have Maltodextrin mixed into it though, so if you plan to use 10 packets, expect to be getting maybe 3 or 4 grams of pure glucose with it.  In small doses of 2-3 packets per day it is a non-factor.

Big_R
    Participant

Sucralose, no.Splenda does have Maltodextrin mixed into it though, so if you plan to use 10 packets, expect to be getting maybe 3 or 4 grams of pure glucose with it.  In small doses of 2-3 packets per day it is a non-factor.

That was my guess but i wasn't sure.... is stevia a better choice then for 0 carbs completely? 

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I will say yes on the Stevia… but with a caveat…Some stevia powders like Truvia are also bound to a carbohydrate carrier like dextrose or maltodextrin.  Look at the ingredients and find one with pure stevia extract as the only ingredient and you won't have to second guess the carbs in it or worry that you have overdone it. 

zewski

truleaf stevia is totally carb free

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First Carb Nite – Thoughts

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?