First Day of Shockwave Training…Questions! Help!

• This topic has 1 voice and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bmartinez531
    Keymaster

Today I did my first day of the Shockwave protocol, using the Heavy Duty Cycle that Kiefer has laid out. It was legs day and it definitely had me feeling like I had a great workout.The questions I have are...1. On STD(standard) sets where the reps are 10, Should the 10th rep be close to failure or is that working against what we are trying to achieve?2. I know the exercises are in a certain order for a reason, but sometimes as we all know, certain machines, or areas are not always readily available, especially in late afternoon. How strict should we follow the training outline and is it detrimental to progress if we have to skip an exercise and revert back to it when the space or ability to perform the exercise becomes available. Any and all feedback is appreciated! Bryan

SMTalbot

On my standard I have been doing to failure… Seems to be working! I thought it clarified in the docs to do it that way, but it's been a long time since I've read it. When the space is busy where I need to be I just go to the next. They are certainly in an order for a reason but it's been noticeably better for me on my lifts to keep adrenaline up by going exercize to exercize as fast and heavy as possible. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First Day of Shockwave Training…Questions! Help!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?