floor press

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

just wanted to get some opinions.  is this a good mass builder for triceps depending on where you place your grip? 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I like the floor press a lot.  It is a good way to attack your triceps with brute force, unlike the un-natural feeling from dips and close grip bench.  Though IMO rather than the actual floor press, go to a power cage and set the pins to the spot so you can simulate a floor press.  This is better because than you can go balls to the wall without the fear of injury.

LatasaurusFlex

It is also a great way to build the bench for the raw presser.  The pause is right at the most common sticking point for the raw lifter, about 1-2 inches from the chest.  To me, it is a nice way to give the shoulders a break from regular benching. 

just wanted to get some opinions.  is this a good mass builder for triceps depending on where you place your grip?

YES!!

Bartleby83

Great exercise. Did it with DBs on monday and can feel it in my arm extensors.

RagE

I love the floor press. It is so easy stay tight, and just push a shitload of wight, without fearing for my shitty shoulder.

Control down though, and let your elbows rest before pressing. I have seen people pop their elbows pretty hard coming down trying to bounce.

Big_R
    Participant

I like the floor press a lot.  It is a good way to attack your triceps with brute force, unlike the un-natural feeling from dips and close grip bench.  Though IMO rather than the actual floor press, go to a power cage and set the pins to the spot so you can simulate a floor press.  This is better because than you can go balls to the wall without the fear of injury.

yeah i used to have access to a power rack but i don't anymore.  I totally agreen with you 150%

Big_R
    Participant

Control down though, and let your elbows rest before pressing. I have seen people pop their elbows pretty hard coming down trying to bounce.

Thanks for the tip  =) 

Nman
    Participant

I really like the Floor Press as well.  I know it's really helped my Raw Bench increase.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

floor press

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?