Food and Exercise Logs

• This topic has 7 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I have seen a few people starting running logs of their food and exercise on the various programs.  I do find some value in these for helping other people figure out what works and doesn't work on a more micro-basis for the dedicated that are willing to figure that out.It can become intrusive though, for too many people to be maintaining these in a regular portion of the forum, so I am asking, might it be better to set aside a specific area for logs, maybe subdivided into the individual programs of CNS/CBL? 

CaseyD

+1Would be nice to keep them separate...at least in a subforum. I think there's enough people would would start one to warrant their own place.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Agreed. And at the very least we'll have a template for how to post a log so they look proper and can be read fast.

Naomi Most

We've been considering doing something like this, so I'm glad you guys already think it's a good idea.  😀The forums are going to get reorganized a bit, with more levels of participation than there are presently.I know that's vague, just hang tight, it will all make sense by the end of the week.

Richard Schmitt

Naomi, please let us know if there is a way we can help. I'm really liking the commitment we have here and the support we have for each other.

MarkDee

Just another yes vote for the thoughts in this thread.I would support a dedicated spot for persons to post (for lack of a better term) 'Member Logs.'Personally, I'd be happy to regularly post the details of my own fitness and diet routines.My experience in other communities is that, through this process, members more-or-lessself-identify with one another and strong bonds of support can be quickly made and grown.I also believe the OP's point is valid: if we don't have a dedicated spot for this sort of thing, it will on-it's own sprout like a weed throughout the rest of the site...I'm quite new here, but I've got a long list of stuff I've already learned (and/or REMEMBERED)thanks to the commentary of our small but growing membership.I'm looking forward to the dynamic growth of this community !

Allenxld

I suppose logs will help, but after reading CNS, my opinion is the only “log” one would need would be a “carb log”. Keifer made it that simple on purpose. As for CBL and SHockwave, am not there yet.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I already do this via myfitnesspal.com but I would like to see it here as well, my food diary is public on there so if you are a member on there then you can see what I eat in the run of a day.

Richard Schmitt

I already do this via myfitnesspal.com but I would like to see it here as well, my food diary is public on there so if you are a member on there then you can see what I eat in the run of a day.

I am also a memeber on myfitnesspal.com, but haven't used it for a couple of weeks because it is very difficult to get an "accurate" reading for the foods the chow hall provides.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I already know most of the stuff I use on a regular basis is accurate but anything new I always dbl check the info as anyone can alter it on there.

Naomi Most

Massive forum changes will happen tonight!  Member logs and all sorts of things. I would appreciate any help the moderators can give in suggesting structure and organization. A lot of you guys have some really great ideas.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I will be happy to offer any input I can, when I have time I will be happy to help you out and make this site all it can be.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Food and Exercise Logs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?