Fruit and yogurt

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cropsy

Does anyone else feel a little snookered by the CBL protocol regarding fruit? I like fruit, but I know it's not a great choice for CBL because of fructose etc, but then on non training days I'm trying to watch my carb intake, so... Should I forget that and just eat fruit on non training evenings (I'm talking a small orange, maybe an apple and banana etc)?Also, I can't find this anywhere but is yogurt okay for non training day evenings? The particular Greek style brand I usually buy has about 5g net carbs per 100g.Thanks.

stephenhdmrs

I take in a lot of greek yogurt on non training days.  I love that stuff.  I count it towards my total carbs for the day but I don't watch it too much.  It's high in protein, fat and pretty low in carbs so if I go over a bit I am not freaking out.  Even on my off days I still do bw exercises/HIIT which I can only hope makes up for the extra couple carbs per day sometimes.As for fruit I cannot comment on.I bought my sister the CNS book and she said that you eventually are able to add fruit into your diet.  I never got specifics on it though.

Naomi Most

I never liked yogurt, but the lack of fruit does sometimes bother me. Sometimes you just gotta say "screw optimal, this back-load is going to be all watermelon"... once in a while.  🙂

Cropsy

Thanks guys.Stephen, out of curiosity, how many grams of carbs do you shoot for on non training days?

stephenhdmrs

I'm 5'9.75(yes to me the .75 matters) and 185 at 18% bf.  If i'm feeling particularly fat, I stick with the 30 grams.  If i'm feeling good and pretty drained that night I will go up to 75-100 grams of carbs(total for that day).  That could come from cereal, yogurt, chocolate sometimes, rice.  It's all in one meal usually an hour or two after exercise.  I'm doing a light density bulking at the moment.  If I take in too many carbs I get fat fast.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fruit and yogurt

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?