FST-7 and Y3T…

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Still using CNS to get the last bit of fat off, but when I return to bulking mode w/ CBL (by 1st of October), I am planning on using either Hany Rambod's FST-7 or Neill Hill's Y3T.Anyone have any experience with these whilst using CBL?I've used FST-7 before, on standard bodybuilding diets, and always had a great deal of success.  The 7's are BRUTAL, and great for lagging bodyparts.However, I've never used Y3T, but it looks VERY sound... and the variety of rep-ranges week-by-week, with an intensity week (every 3rd week), just sounds effective.I'm at that point, being an advanced lifter, that standard straight-set type routines work, but not as well as kick-the-ever-loving-$h1t-out-of-yourself advanced programs, for putting on consistent, noticable size.Discuss?Cory

Richard Schmitt

Aren't these programs high volume?

Aren't these programs high volume?

Yes, high volume w/ added intensity at key times.FST-7 is, essentially, 3-4 straight set exercises (usually compound) per bodypart, followed by 7 sets of an isolation move w/ 30-45 second rest, and fascia stretching, between the 7s.Y3T is a 3-week cycling program.  Week one lifts in 8-10, week 2 in 12-15, and week 3 in 20-25 w/ triple drops, etc.  The exercises cycle from week to week, also.  Usually 3-4 exercises per bodypart.That's it in a nutshell.Cory

…to add:With Y3T, you cycle those 3 weeks, over and over, usually for a period of 12 weeks (4 cycles).

Richard Schmitt

To use with CNS I would think overkill. However, if possibly done with CBL might be a different story.

To use with CNS I would think overkill. However, if possibly done with CBL might be a different story.

Oh, no doubt.I plan on running both of those protocols w/ CBL in October, once I hit my bf% mark.  To really grow, I need more advanced routines (at this point)... and that is best paired with CBL to get full benefit.On CNS, I stick w/ straight-sets in a standard bodybuilding style.  Relatively heavy compounds, w/ very few isolation moves.  Not really any intensity techniques, aside from the occassional Rest/Pause to meet my rep quotas on later sets (if I fail a couple reps shy).Cory

RYBALLVT
    Participant

did Y3T:Did not get great results with CBL. transitioned to 5-3-1 and results skyrocketed. Y3T is very taxing for non-drug users.

McLeod2012

Have you looked at the PHAT system? It's similar to these except it's basically hybrid powerlifting and bodybuilding which I like. I did FST 7 as well but not on CBL. I love the PHAT program and I'm currently dieting for a show and plan on using it after my show for the off season too. Lots of volume and lots of different intensities if that's what you want.

RYBALLVT
    Participant

Interested in PHAT. I am doing the 5-3-1 bodybuilding. Strength and tightness has improved greatly. Where can i get good info on PHAT.

David Margittai
    Participant

Interested in PHAT. I am doing the 5-3-1 bodybuilding. Strength and tightness has improved greatly. Where can i get good info on PHAT.

Here you go, bud. All you could ever ask for:http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FST-7 and Y3T…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?