Gluconeogenesis, lactate acid and ketosis.

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Phatty

Just a random thought. I often see it advised to stay within the traditional ketogenic macronutrients split of 65f/30p/5c to avoid excess protein spiking insulin via gluconeogenesis.So what about lactate acid being converted into glucose during exercise? Does/could that spike insulin levels?

Richard Schmitt

Well I assume yes but during training you're not worried about controlling insulin. You spike insulin in the PWO Shake to help keep the body from being more catabolic from that workout. You're wanting to control insulin during the ULC part of the day more.

Phatty

Well I assume yes but during training you're not worried about controlling insulin. You spike insulin in the PWO Shake to help keep the body from being more catabolic from that workout. You're wanting to control insulin during the ULC part of the day more.

Yeah I know the spike wouldn't matter during training, If anything I guess it would be beneficial. I'm just curious as to how it works and if it does spike insulin levels or not. Maybe the excess glucose just goes straight to liver glycogen since the liver converts the lactate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Gluconeogenesis, lactate acid and ketosis.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?