Green Tea vs. Coffee

• This topic has 6 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

theabnormality
    Keymaster

So I know green tea is supposed to have fat burning properties (EGCG).  What are the pros/cons with having green tea (with coconut oil, of course) in the morning instead of coffee.  I'm not a huge fan of the black stuff.And to clarify, I'm talking about freshly brewed, real green tea, not the pre-bottled citric acid with a touch of green tea.

monsieurjkb

Green tea has no affect on hunger.

T9P1

But would it make sense to supplement both (green tea extract and caffein)?

monsieurjkb

I'm not sure. I AM sure that coffee has compounds unique to the brewed stuff that cause hunger to shut off (cholinometrics). This is true of decaf coffee too. But if you're not going to drink it, supplementing caffeine is a good idea. Caffeine aids in fat loss apparently. I'm not sure about green tea supps. Keifer doesn't recommend them anywhere, but it surely couldn't hurt your progress.

Richard Schmitt

So in regards with coffee…I make it pretty much Iced when I'm feeling a bit of a sweet tooth in the mornings, does this kill any affects of the coffee? To me personally I don't notice a difference, but was just curious.

T9P1

@monsieurjkb:yeah I sometimes drink green tea, but no coffee. I will probably continueing supplementing both. It's always hard to tell how effective something is because its effect is rather small ... so maybe green tea is responsible for me leaning down, but maybe I would have the same results without it...who knows@Big Tex:What do you mean by "iced"?

Richard Schmitt

@monsieurjkb:yeah I sometimes drink green tea, but no coffee. I will probably continueing supplementing both. It's always hard to tell how effective something is because its effect is rather small ... so maybe green tea is responsible for me leaning down, but maybe I would have the same results without it...who knows@Big Tex:What do you mean by "iced"?

I blend coffee cubes with coffee in a magic bullet blender. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

T9P1

I blend coffee cubes with coffee in a magic bullet blender. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Never heard of "coffee cubes" 😀 must be an american thing 😉 imho as long as it contains caffein and no added sugar or useable carbs it should be fine

nickl413

I think he meant ice cubes. Hence “iced coffee”  😉

Damon Amato
    Participant

I pour coffee into ice cube trays also, so when you want an iced coffee it won't get watered down as it melts.

nickl413

oh maybe thats what coffee cube is….

T9P1

1. should try that2. should not make any difference nutrition-wise 😛

Richard Schmitt

Well…what I do in the mornings, I use the Tall Cup from the Magic Bullet fill it with Coffee Ice Cubes and fill it with coffee (cold), I add BetterStevia and some Liquid Stevia, along with some caffeine powder. Blend it till the ice is crushed up. I get my Coconut Oil and put a tablespoon in a bowl and nuke it till it melts. I then add some Walden Farms syrup (either chocolate or carmel) and mix it, then pour over the Iced Blended Coffee and eat that way. Gets my coffee/caffeine/fat source in the morning and keeps me from mindless boredum snacking.

So I know green tea is supposed to have fat burning properties (EGCG).  What are the pros/cons with having green tea (with coconut oil, of course) in the morning instead of coffee.  I'm not a huge fan of the black stuff.And to clarify, I'm talking about freshly brewed, real green tea, not the pre-bottled citric acid with a touch of green tea.

I'd use them both.I take Green Tea Extract pills (full of EGCG)... 500mg 3 times a day, btw. major meals (empty stomach).I also drink 16 oz black coffee twice a day... upon waking, and pre-workout.I hate coffee!  So, I know what you mean.  But, I am one of those who does what it takes, despite what my taste buds prefer.  In fact, some raw supps I choke down in water (like Acetyl L-Carnitine) taste like absolutely rotten @$$, and smell so bad it they burn my sinuses -- but, I do what I gotta do, to achieve a particular result.

ffemtmcd

Big Tex, I'm gonna hafta try that – sounds awesome!!  I'm going to try a comparison betweeen a pre w/o coffee with coconut oil and a green tea with coconut oil and see if I can see/ feel a difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Green Tea vs. Coffee

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?