GST and CBL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Caleb Stahl
    Participant

I have been progressing through Couch Sommer’s gymnastics stregth training program for 16 weeks. The entire time I used carb nite. GST consists of mostly concentric contractions and concentric static holds and has endurance aspects to it. At the moment it is not very intense (30-45 min), but increases with progression. As expected Carb Nite achieved its task, but made muscle growth difficult. I want to give CBL a try. My worry is that GST does not qualify as sufficient resistance training. First question: does GST qualify as sufficient resistance training to warrant CBL? Question Two: If so, should I supplement it, or should I decrease the amount of carbs I consume after the initial insulin spike? Third Question: Should the resistance training be a certain duration?. Any information would help. Thabks

Tony Sangimino

It’s fine. Just slowly add more carbs into your diet every week or so until you begin to get soft. Drop some fat to help even it out.

Caleb Stahl
    Participant

I have read the Keifer’s books, but I do not understand what you mean by this, or the purpose. If you could elaborate I would be grateful. Thank you.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I have read the Keifer’s books, but I do not understand what you mean by this, or the purpose. If you could elaborate I would be grateful. Thank you.

I’m not Tony, but if you are worried about consuming too many carbs (that’s what your concern seems to be) you just start conservative and increase to see how much you can handle.

I don’t completely understand your second question, but the number of meals is dependent on the amount of carbs you need. If you can get all your carb needs in one meal, then do that. If not, then eat a second meal.

Tony Sangimino

You’re talking about switching from CN to CBL. I’m suggesting doing it slowly by adding in carbs overtime, not making a hard switch.

Your second question, you still want a big spike post training. They don’t necessarily need to be in the shake. As Brandon said, all depends on how much you’re taking in.

Scott Claremont
    Participant

Tony what is meant by “soft”?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

GST and CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?