Healthy Nutrition

• This topic has 8 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

This is going to sound strange but I have a lot of people asking me whether CBL/ CNS can be done in a way as to just be healthier! Without necessarily worrying about fat loss or muscles?How I explained it to these people is that this is healthy eating evolved! I know there is heaps of chatter at present about IF and how we are making that "better" but I have now had 7 clients use CNS/CBL principles and all have the health markers vastly improve according to blood tests etc!Where I am going with this? If someone wasn't worried about any particular physique/ gym goal, would eating ULC through the day and having carbs at night be a healthy alternative to the general modern diet!Would skipping breakfast, focusing on fatty meat and fibrous veg and good fat options through the day then having a normal family meal at night (regardless of carb content) be beneficial to people who just want to eat healthier?As I have mentioned before, quite a few people are asking me for my "secret" lately! I am having such good results even when not getting it perfectly right for myself and my clients. However there are lots of people who fit into the "I just want to be healthy" category that ask for advice on how to eat as well?

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Excellent points and great to hear.

Stephen Davis
    Participant

I can't remember which post it was, but Naomi referred to this exact item in another thread.  Basically, she said that the answer to your question is, Yes.  Since you can't do CNS for more than 6 months, you should switch to a lower backload CBL as a standard diet.  I think it would take some tinkering to figure out how many carbs you need to maintain body composition, but it wouldn't be too hard.

You raise good questions, because the average person isn't looking for intense workout sessions like most of us are. Most are not looking to gain and stay lean, or get leaner while preserving, because they are lucky to have any real muscle mass at all.If they are not major gym people, but do 2-3 workouts a week then sure CNS/CBL cycling would be greatIf they are average american, I think a more Paleo type diet is better because it has structure, you do not have to understand as much science, it is looked at as being "healthier", and does not require heavy muscle contractions.I still believe that the carbs should be consumed later in the day no matter what.That is my take at least.

Damon Amato
    Participant

interesting tidbit:  I started with a client 3 weeks ago who probably had 10-12tbsp sugar daily between coffee and other add-ins.  She's training for a 5k race so is running 3-4 days/week.  I basically took away the sugar and candy, and now her regimen is: eggs/cheese for breakfast, beef/veggies for lunch, cheese snack, protein/veggies for dinner.  A few pieces of fruit here or there.  Not far off from a CNS diet.  In 3 weeks she's lost 1″ off her waist and stayed the same weight while getting faster.  Who knew.  I'm pretty psyched helping people get better.Oh and her headaches are completely gone after getting bad migraines weekly.

dawatts22

I havent read CBL yet but does it state that exercise, using the CBL eating pattern, is also not required for fat loss and health gains much like CNS?

Kevin rogers
    Participant

No, just the opposite. Resistance training is the premise behind CBL. It essentially allows you to have more carb nites.

zewski

Yea if you don't train (heavy/intensely), you can't use CBL

dawatts22

Thanks guys.

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Yea if you don't train (heavy/intensely), you can't use CBL

+1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Healthy Nutrition

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?