Help! Newbie here. CBL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lhodson
    Participant

Hello,

I’m a 22 yr old female, 140 lbs pre depletion phase, 16.5% body fat, and weight train 4-5 X’s per week. My question is on CBL and the actual amount of carbs to backload. I know in the book it has a nice little graph for men to use as a baseline for carbs but for women it’s not very clear. I’ve looked online but still no clear answer, I understand it’s something that’s going to take a bit of fine tuning but I was just wanting a fresh set of opinions on where I should start. 100 grams? 200grams of carbs? Opinions wanted.

Thanks,
    LH

James Hodson
    Participant

You sound super hot! 125Grams

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

I don’t think that chart is so much delineated between male and female, is it? If it was I must have missed that part. That being said, it says there’s two methods to determine baseline carbs: prep phase weight loss and body weight before back-loading. Since you mention your weight (and not prep phase loss) that chart has 490g of carbs as a baseline. Now… I think that’s a weekly total number. “Think” being the operative word as there’s no way you’re going to take in that many carbs daily and not gain. I’d guess you’d divide that total up over the course of your backloads for the week so you get around that by the end of your week.

Hopefully some more folks will chime in but that’s how I’ve always read it and was going to approach it when I switch from CNS to CBL.

Steve

Spatz

Two ways I did it.

1st – I was told to take my normal weekly Carb Nite grams of carbs (~300-350g) and split that number up between my training days. So if I lift 4x weekly, that would be 75-87g carbs per backload.

2nd – Chapter 51, Gender Differences (pg 185) states;

“Eat one carb meal post-training and don’t binge.
    A couple pieces of pizza or a sushi roll or two is more than
    plenty.”

What does that amount to in carbs? So like any normal person this day and age… I googled it. 😀 According to the all-knowing Google machine, 2 pieces of pizza is roughly 72g carbs, and 2 rolls of sushi (california roll) comes up to being about 76g carbs.

I have also read through The Renissance Diet book and I’m using that number as a TOP number post training, which is BW. Therefor my backloads land between 70g-120g carbs PWO.

Hope that helped. I would suggest just picking a number and using that for awhile and then increase or decrease it later depending on how you feel.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Spatz.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Help! Newbie here. CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?