Help Please – Gaining Weight!

• This topic has 5 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vballstlgirl
    Keymaster

Hi there – So this is my second week of the carb nite program (day 17).  After a good first week (down 5 pounds) I am now UP 8 pounds!  Is this a case where I just need to throw my scale out and not weigh myself while on the program?  Or am I just eating too much??  Here is what I ate today:7 am - woke up8:15 - Two sips of coffee8:30 - omelet with bacon and cheddar cheese + two sausage patties12 - Cheeseburger with cheddar cheese, no bun, fresh green beans (sauted in butter), 1 cup romaine, 1 boiled egg on top, 2 tbsp turkey chunks, 2 tbsp italian dressing (no carb - looked it up!)Snack thruout day: 2 mozz string cheese, 1 slice turkey, 28 almondsDinner: 2 eggs, 2 slice bacon, 1 tsp mayo, 1 tsp peanut butterI am a girl, 5'7 was 230, tonight I am 238.  Exercise wise this week: Monday - elliptical for 40 mins Tuesday - workout with pt 1/2 hour (high intensity weights - heart rate high), tonight (wed) - off, Thursday - workout with pt 1/2 hour (high intensity weights - heart rate high), Friday - hour workout.  I am seriously frustrated and thinking about going back to low cal diet...help!  😮

Damon Amato
    Participant

the 40 min on the elliptical is raising your cortisol levels and impeding progress. I think I said that previously.

Naomi Most

Yes, what D$ said.Particularly at your level of body fat, you really need to do the diet EXACTLY as written.  You may even need to do a new prep phase, one that's a few days longer.  You can ask D$ about that.  🙂

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Hmm what you are doing should work.  Did you weigh yourself following the carb nite?  Because that is where you will experience weight gain.The only suggestions for improvements I would have is:1.  Make sure you are having the 12 hour complete fast (no calories from anything), I'm not saying you aren't, but I couldn't tell from your post.2.  Something is fishy about that Italian dressing, sugar alcohols maybe?  I would nix that and just use olive oil.3.  You may be eating too much, but even if you were you shouldn't be gaining weight.4.  Maybe clean up your carb nite.  Are you consuming a lot of sweets?  You may have a fructose problems if you are consuming 120 + grams of sugar.5.  I second ditching the eliptical and what is the hour long workout (This still shouldn't have be too problematic)6.  Is there anything you aren't telling us (medications maybe?)?  Thats probably the root of the problem if there is.

nickl413

2 SIPS of coffee?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Help Please – Gaining Weight!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?