Here to quell my curiousity.

• This topic has 7 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, I have been interested in carb back loading since I read a small article about it in one of my fitness mags. I have been doing the Lean Gains 16/8 Intermittent Fasting for over a year now and have a buddy who is trying this and found this resource so I am here to learn and see if I can replace Lean Gains with this as my nutritional strategy. Thanks to Tom for referring me over here.

Welcome!Read the forums and buy the book as soon as you get a chance.You can easily change what you are doing and mix leangains with this and get awesome results.

Tomahawk

Hey guys, I have been interested in carb back loading since I read a small article about it in one of my fitness mags. I have been doing the Lean Gains 16/8 Intermittent Fasting for over a year now and have a buddy who is trying this and found this resource so I am here to learn and see if I can replace Lean Gains with this as my nutritional strategy. Thanks to Tom for referring me over here.

Glad to see you over here buddy.

welcome! you'll find that this is different in the length of fasting going on.  leangains has a longer fast, which only serves to accelerate muscle loss after a certain point instead of continuing fat loss.

Curious and I am sure I can find it on here but are almonds and other nuts good to eat during that day or are the trace carbs in them too high? Trying to decide if I can have an OZ of almonds a couple times a day.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Curious and I am sure I can find it on here but are almonds and other nuts good to eat during that day or are the trace carbs in them too high? Trying to decide if I can have an OZ of almonds a couple times a day.

Depends who you ask.  I personally just stay under 30 g of carbs a day.  Sometimes I have multiple servings of nuts.  Others on here will do no matter what to get there total as close to zero as possible.  Others will also say that there are too many PUFAs in nuts.  In my opinion, it doesn't matter.

dawatts22

I try to mix it up with nuts.  Some almonds, walnuts, macadamia and also pumpkin seeds with different seasonings.  Eat a variety and you get the nutritional value from each.  That said, if you really like almonds, it shouldnt be that big of a deal to eat them a few times a day.  Ive done it in a pinch.  8)

I eat at least 1 oz of various nuts a day.Just count the carbs and stay under 30g.Also, from a health stand point, keep all nuts in the freezer.

dawatts22

I eat at least 1 oz of various nuts a day.Just count the carbs and stay under 30g.Also, from a health stand point, keep all nuts in the freezer.

What is the reasoning behind the freezer storage?

The oils in nuts can oxidize and go rancid very easily with heat and light.Storing it in the freezer keeps them fresher longer, and a side benefit is it makes it taste better.

Tomahawk

I just dont eat them by themselves. Plus I count out how many to know exactly how many I ate. Taste great with some cottage cheese.

DreamCrusher

Since you did Lean Gains for a while, did you see any results?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here to quell my curiousity.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?