hfcs

• This topic has 7 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

always used ON Gold 100% Whey in the past, usually chocolate mint, but only recently ventured out and tried the cookies 'n' cream flavor and just noticed high fructose corn syrup in the ingredients. only 2g sugars per scoop. issue or not when planning to use only post workout?

CBachelor17

I dont think it will really hurt you. But ON is not a very good protein in general.I recommend Iso-100, Isopure, or creating your own mix on TrueNutrition.com personally

Richard Schmitt

2g will not effect you. If kept PWO you'll be fine.

TCB
    Participant

I dont think it will really hurt you. But ON is not a very good protein in general.I recommend Iso-100, Isopure, or creating your own mix on TrueNutrition.com personally

+1 Plus, it's gross. I ran out while waiting for my TN order, so went to GNC and picked up a small thing of double dark chocolate.. It was nasty. I used it 3 times and just returned it.

CBachelor17

The blend is just not ideal really at all. They have two different Isolate forms, Concentrate, and a tiny bit of Hydro Whey all mixed together. Even on a budget you can find a pure Isolate or Hydrolyzed Isolate for cheaper. 

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

oh well. i'll finish what i have. it doesn't taste horrible but it's nothing like the dymatize elite xt. i'm sure y'all will probably say thats a cheap blend, but the taste is fanatical (banana nut) and it's a 12 hr release, so it makes me not stress if i cant eat on time.

CBachelor17

12 hour release is exactly what you dont want….

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

crap. so should i not be eating meats throughout the day?

12 hour release is exactly what you dont want....

I'm a little confused by this? Are you talking about avoiding it before fasting?

CBachelor17

Im talking about having a 12 hour raised insulin level due to a constant release of FFA from the XR Protein. We keep them at bay by eating fat with them. Hence Kiefers suggestion to couple all of our "Shakes" with CO or MCT. And to use Isolate Whey not Casein. You should certainly be eating meat throughout the day. From whole food, fatty meat, or meat+fat.

Im talking about having a 12 hour raised insulin level due to a constant release of FFA from the XR Protein. We keep them at bay by eating fat with them. Hence Kiefers suggestion to couple all of our "Shakes" with CO or MCT. And to use Isolate Whey not Casein. You should certainly be eating meat throughout the day. From whole food, fatty meat, or meat+fat.

Casein would be very unlikely to raise insulin levels and keep them elevated throughout 12 hours. It's not much different the meat, and providing you pair it with a fat source it makes a better option to whey if you have no choice but to use shakes during the day.

CBachelor17

Pairing it with fat I'm sure would be fine. I just personally don't see a 12 hr XR to be optimal. Much like drinking BCAA throut the day isn't, a whey concentrate + fat shake would probably be the closest to food in that real food doesn't take 6-12 hours to digest

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Pairing it with fat I'm sure would be fine. I just personally don't see a 12 hr XR to be optimal. Much like drinking BCAA throut the day isn't, a whey concentrate + fat shake would probably be the closest to food in that real food doesn't take 6-12 hours to digest

You sure about that?  I don't know much about the subject, but I always heard whole protein sources keep amino acid levels elevated for 24 hours.  That's why real food supports all day protein synthesis better than shakes.

Gnomer
    Participant

You sure about that?  I don't know much about the subject, but I always heard whole protein sources keep amino acid levels elevated for 24 hours.  That's why real food supports all day protein synthesis better than shakes.

I have read the same which has been proved in several studies and why the whole "you need to eat proten every 3 hours" is crap

Assuming you eat enough, this is correct. The body will simply adjust the speed of digestion and breaking whole proteins down to animo acids as it's needed, which will pretty much keep a level of amino acids in your blood at most time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

hfcs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?