hfcs

• This topic has 7 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

CBachelor17

If that's true than why is it of any relevance to eat fat with each protein meal? Additionally through everything I've ever been taught I've never heard of the body slowing down the rate of digestion…

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

If that's true than why is it of any relevance to eat fat with each protein meal? Additionally through everything I've ever been taught I've never heard of the body slowing down the rate of digestion...

So the body burns fat, stays ketogenic, and prevents gluconeogenesis.  If you never eat fat, your body will stop producing the enzymes needed to burn fat and it will also decrease mobilization of fat stores. 

Just like how fat takes 3-4 hours to enter the blood steam.Very few whole foods are quickly digested and utilized right away, it has to be broken down. Obviously there are many way to go about this both enzymaticly in the body and mechanically outside of the body.

CBachelor17

I think its splitting hairs here honestly. I personally will never recoomend a casien protein as a meal replacement, especially on this diet. I just think its much safer to go “by the book” with an isolate, and fat shake.

I think its splitting hairs here honestly. I personally will never recoomend a casien protein as a meal replacement, especially on this diet. I just think its much safer to go "by the book" with an isolate, and fat shake.

It's not much different then using cottage cheese which falls under "By the book"

CBachelor17

I cant agree with you there either. lol not trying to be argumentative at all. This is quite certainly a good discussion. The topic here is not just a Casein Protein. It is a Casein/Isolate/Concentrate/BCAA Protein Blend. part of the blend has been partially coated with a substance that first must be dissolved by the gut, before being digested. Cottage Cheese would most certainly be near the same as Casein. Because when you eat it, your bodys going to start digesting it, and break it down to its building block which is Casein. The initial response of the Powder is going to be higher because it is already in its "building block" form. Then the argument could additionally be made that this response will continue because of the extended release of the "building block" form.

I cant agree with you there either. lol not trying to be argumentative at all. This is quite certainly a good discussion. The topic here is not just a Casein Protein. It is a Casein/Isolate/Concentrate/BCAA Protein Blend. part of the blend has been partially coated with a substance that first must be dissolved by the gut, before being digested. Cottage Cheese would most certainly be near the same as Casein. Because when you eat it, your bodys going to start digesting it, and break it down to its building block which is Casein. The initial response of the Powder is going to be higher because it is already in its "building block" form. Then the argument could additionally be made that this response will continue because of the extended release of the "building block" form.

I know I've used a blended protein before and it's not been a big deal.Even then when using that I've only used the 10-15g serving for a AM shake, I don't think that it's ideal to use any protein powders higher then that amount during the time when you are ULC. However if you chose to do it during the backloading period to get your protein that while it isn't an ideal blend, it would be good. There is benefit to using casein with hydrolyzed proteins and whey isolates in the PWO shakeI do think that if you had no choice but to use a shake, I would use straight casein mixed with some coconut milk or heavy cream and drink it before I'd recommend drinking a whey shake (Talking a full 25g serving here). Obviously whole foods are the better option here, but sometime you make do with what you have.

CBachelor17

I agree, a protein during backload is great.Meal replacement not so much,I do agree with a standard Casein Protein being useful ESP using a full 25g serving. Just not an extended release form which is being described here. (Dymatize Elite XT) Casein is known in the supplement industry as an extended release because its absorbing rate being close to a whole food. But XR'ing Isolates, Casein, and Concentrate i just dont find to be a good thing to do in an ULC setting. A full serving of Isolate as a meal replacement I could not imagine would be good for insulin levels regardless of fat intake consumed with it. Especially because the commonly used fat in a shake is going to be MCT of some sort.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I think its splitting hairs here honestly. I personally will never recoomend a casien protein as a meal replacement, especially on this diet. I just think its much safer to go "by the book" with an isolate, and fat shake.

Don't get me wrong, I would add fat to the casein shake, but I would recommend casein over whey for the protein of choice.  It really doesn't matter though, whey will work, it's just that casein behaves more like a whole food.

CBachelor17

I agree, a protein during backload is great.Meal replacement not so much,I do agree with a standard Casein Protein being useful ESP using a full 25g serving. Just not an extended release form which is being described here. (Dymatize Elite XT) Casein is known in the supplement industry as an extended release because its absorbing rate being close to a whole food. But XR'ing Isolates, Casein, and Concentrate i just dont find to be a good thing to do in an ULC setting. A full serving of Isolate as a meal replacement I could not imagine would be good for insulin levels regardless of fat intake consumed with it. Especially because the commonly used fat in a shake is going to be MCT of some sort.

Don't get me wrong, I would add fat to the casein shake, but I would recommend casein over whey for the protein of choice.  It really doesn't matter though, whey will work, it's just that casein behaves more like a whole food.

I agree, again I am speaking about Dymatize Elite XT's blend in specific here guys.... Not regular Micellar Casein....

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

hfcs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?