HIGH UREA LEVELS

• This topic has 4 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Evilblues

I've just had my bloods done and my urea levels are high. The doc thinks this may be down to my diet. I've been on the carbackload diet for 4 months and training hard. I'm 39yrs old, 6ft, 185lbs. I consume approx 200g of protein per day (eggs, meats, whey, caseine), 25grams of creatine on training days, 100g of healthy fats daily and carb loads on training days. Any advice/suggestions? If I cut down my protein I'm concerned it will stop my lean gains etc ???

Gl;itch.e

Most likely not enough fat (overall calories to offset protein) and/or too much protein here IMO. You are obviously breaking down more tissue than building up. Also consider supplementing with a little vitamin B6 which is helpful for larger protein intakes if you are not already. 

CBachelor17

Its likely one of or a combination of the following:1. To Much Protein-(you weigh 185 and are consuming 200g of protein- try to cut it to 1gx1lb LBM)2. To Little Fat-(200g of protein and 100g of fat. Thats IF your measurements are exact- up that fat a little to be safe)3. Not Enough Water-(if your not peeing clear- you need more H20)

Gl;itch.e

Its likely one of or a combination of the following:1. To Much Protein-(you weigh 185 and are consuming 200g of protein- try to cut it to 1gx1lb LBM)2. To Little Fat-(200g of protein and 100g of fat. Thats IF your measurements are exact- up that fat a little to be safe)3. Not Enough Water-(if your not peeing clear- you need more H20)

I personally think its lack of energy macros rather than too much protein. 15grams aint going to push anyone over the edge from safe to dangerous. If you are peeing clear you are drinking too much water. This would have little effect on urea apart from diluting the solution, the total volume excreted would remain the same.

Tracy Jarchow
    Participant

I have had the same problem with high urea. I believe it can come from losing fat at a rapid rate which I was initially. Advice from my doctor, however much water you are drinking….double it. Also make sure you are taking plenty of Vitamin C. High urea is something to be cautious of as it can cause gout typically showing up in the toes or ankles. I also took a couple tbs of some apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water nightly. I'm not sure if that helped but I'm doing good now.

CBachelor17

I personally think its lack of energy macros rather than too much protein. 15grams aint going to push anyone over the edge from safe to dangerous. If you are peeing clear you are drinking too much water. This would have little effect on urea apart from diluting the solution, the total volume excreted would remain the same.

I was suggesting him drop to 1gx1lb LBM. Which depending on his BF% would probably drop him to 150-165g of protein. I agree though fat is certainly to low regardless. Intaking a borderline .5:1 ratio is always ehh because you can never be exact- And i find it common that people under estimate protein. So going high on fats will likely help. But dropping protein will as well imo.

Gl;itch.e

I was suggesting him drop to 1gx1lb LBM. Which depending on his BF% would probably drop him to 150-165g of protein. I agree though fat is certainly to low regardless. Intaking a borderline .5:1 ratio is always ehh because you can never be exact- And i find it common that people under estimate protein. So going high on fats will likely help. But dropping protein will as well imo.

Sorry CBach. Glossed over the LBM part. At 6 foot and 185lbs I would hope he's reasonably lean though otherwise such low calories is not a good sign. So yeah I think we'd be in agreement that extra fat maybe a little less protein and just more overall calories is probably a good idea.

CBachelor17

Sorry CBach. Glossed over the LBM part. At 6 foot and 185lbs I would hope he's reasonably lean though otherwise such low calories is not a good sign. So yeah I think we'd be in agreement that extra fat maybe a little less protein and just more overall calories is probably a good idea.

True. Im 6'2" 170lb though. But Ill admit I'm low fat but low muscle mass too from over dieting coming down from 285lbs obese. Trying to change that though!  ???

Gl;itch.e

True. Im 6'2" 170lb though. But Ill admit I'm low fat but low muscle mass too from over dieting coming down from 285lbs obese. Trying to change that though!  ???

yeah but surely you are eating more than the OP?

CBachelor17

OP?

Gl;itch.e

OP?

original poster

CBachelor17

Usually about 165-185g Protein, 100g Fat, and the Rest Carbs when I go bak to daily backloads. ULC days 140-165g Fat and same protein as Carb days

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HIGH UREA LEVELS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?