HIIT the morning after a CN

• This topic has 8 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

mhellem
    Keymaster

Hello all! Quick question…I've been on an upper/lower split, 2 times a week on each. The last 2 weeks I've been alternating my CN per the split(this week the night of the upper, next week the night of the lower).I pretty much killed my lower split a couple days ago, and have been surprisingly sore ever since(which is highly unusual for myself). I've had no problems getting in some brisk walks on the TM the day after the lower session, but have been way to sore for some HIIT sprints.How detremental is this to my diet? My lifting days are very heavy with max 1 minute rest between sets, so I'm hoping that will do a good enough job at depleating my glycogen stores at times like this when the HIIT sprints are too much.Any feedback is greatly appreciated as usual!

Mikehr

The HITT is like a supplement for the diet, it is not the be all end of of Carb Nite it can just help the process, I would say your all good man especially since your lifting hard.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I don't do any.I would try without - see how you do and if you're not getting the desired results consider adding some.

mhellem

Agreed. No problem doing it after my upper's, just the lower's.Im still holding strong and loosing fat as we speak, as well adding some muscle, so I guess I'll re-asses if/when that stop's.Thanks for the response's

Richard Schmitt

Yep just go to the gym and lift heavy the morning after your CN. HIIT is there to clean up a huge mess.

Mikehr

Yep just go to the gym and lift heavy the morning after your CN. HIIT is there to clean up a huge mess.

Preciciely I do it on reat days not neccesarily to CLEAN up a mess but more because I enjoy it!

kcarolhxw
    Participant

Preciciely I do it on reat days not neccesarily to CLEAN up a mess but more because I enjoy it!

Lol, isn't HIIT the opposite of resting? I find HIIT soooo painful. Especially trying to push for 1 full minute. 🙁

Mikehr

Lol, isn't HIIT the opposite of resting? I find HIIT soooo painful. Especially trying to push for 1 full minute. 🙁

hahaha shhh I am a little bit of an addict ok? and my rest days are more of Central Neervous Sytem rest, I can deal with DOMS but when your CNS gets beat up you cant do anythingg!

Richard Schmitt

Depends on the person! If you love to train, whether it'd be lifting or HIIT, you'll enjoy everything ;DTo me, it makes me feel alive.

Mikehr

Depends on the person! If you love to train, whether it'd be lifting or HIIT, you'll enjoy everything ;DTo me, it makes me feel alive.

+1111

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Makes me want to go into a dark corner and cry….

Richard Schmitt

Makes me want to go into a dark corner and cry....

I'll give you a cookie if you don't cry

Bronx

And what do you mean by “mess”?And do you switch up your HIIT splits or follow 2:4?

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Makes me want to go into a dark corner and cry....

I'll give you a cookie if you don't cry

TONIGHT I can do that. Whole box please!!

Richard Schmitt

And what do you mean by "mess"?And do you switch up your HIIT splits or follow 2:4?

Mess? Like messed up CN or what?30 seconds sprints followed by 4 minute resta

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HIIT the morning after a CN

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?