HIIT training in fasted state in afternoon…

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if I was to do fasted training(HIIT) in the afternoon, how long after your last meal is it seen that a person is in a fasted state?i.e. If I ate some bacon and eggs at 12:30pm could I do HIIT at 03:30PM? 

pshannon

No thats not fasted, sorry! Your body is still using the food you digested at 12:30 for energy.

No thats not fasted, sorry! Your body is still using the food you digested at 12:30 for energy.

Is there a time frame then?

Richard Schmitt

Time frame? Basically like another 8-12 hour fast

Time frame? Basically like another 8-12 hour fast

Damn!So Mornings are basically the only time to do HIIT?It makes sense now, I did HIIT last night after having CN Saturday evening and I weighed the same this morning as yesterday morning(Morning after CN). I did not even manage to shake off some water weight.I was dissapointed, to say the least :-

RussiB

I always do my HIIT sessions first thing – get up, get to the gym, do 30 min HIIT session, then wait at least 60-90 minutes before eating anything, ideally keep your fast until mid-morning e.g.0630: Wake-up, Coffee or Caffeine tablets0700: HIIT session[at this point your body is in optimum fat burning mode]1100: BreakfastThis is personally what I do. The caffeine tides me over through the workout and I can normally get through to 1100 or lunch before eating (total probably 14-16 hour fast).Hope this helps.

pshannon

I always do my HIIT sessions first thing - get up, get to the gym, do 30 min HIIT session, then wait at least 60-90 minutes before eating anything, ideally keep your fast until mid-morning e.g.0630: Wake-up, Coffee or Caffeine tablets0700: HIIT session[at this point your body is in optimum fat burning mode]1100: BreakfastThis is personally what I do. The caffeine tides me over through the workout and I can normally get through to 1100 or lunch before eating (total probably 14-16 hour fast).Hope this helps.

This was almost two months ago....

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HIIT training in fasted state in afternoon…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?