How much protein for women?

• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kaprice

My wife and daughter are joining me on CNS. I've calculated my protein requirement based on my LEAN body weight (because I can't see myself eating 240g of protein and fat every day — that is, 1g per pound of actual body weight).What's the recommendation for a middle age woman and a 17 year old girl?

sropes1

I still use the .8-1.3 range per lb of body weight. I rarely ever make it to my max, usually only if I include a pwo shake. I weigh 115 and I usually wind up around 110-130 grams a day.

Richard Schmitt

I still use the .8-1.3 range per lb of body weight.

+1 this works rather well for all.

Cmo

You're lucky that your family is joining you!  My husband is a complete carb addict.  My 3 kids are too young, and are all skinny little things anyhow.  But husband could stand to lose his belly! 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

My wife and daughter are joining me on CNS. I've calculated my protein requirement based on my LEAN body weight (because I can't see myself eating 240g of protein and fat every day -- that is, 1g per pound of actual body weight).What's the recommendation for a middle age woman and a 17 year old girl?

I would still reccomend at least .8 lb/g.  While a lot more protein that sendentary individuals need (I don't know if they are or not) there are benefits for body composition from a high protein diet.

Kaprice

I just realized I never came back to thank you all for your answers.Thank you all for your answers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How much protein for women?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?