How much whey protein to take while on Carb Nite?

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Martin Skup Taveras
    Participant

I just joined the this forum, so hello everybody…. I just started the program and tomorrow is my first Carb Nite but, I was just wondering how much whey protein should I take as a daily dose?

The carb night book needs to be updated, the only time you should use whey is post workout. 25-50g, whatever is needed to get around .8-1.3g per lb of bodyweight.

Kaprice

Trevor, I thought the whey protein was ok during ULC if you kept in at 10g and/or if you included fat like MCT or Coconut oil. Is that not the case?

Trevor, I thought the whey protein was ok during ULC if you kept in at 10g and/or if you included fat like MCT or Coconut oil. Is that not the case?

You can do that, it's not always optimal though.The most optimal is do only use it PWO.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What you are referring to is the accelerator shake and it is fine, but you don't really want to over 10 g of whey isolate.  Personally I abstain from all protein powders when I am ULC.

Martin Skup Taveras
    Participant

what is ULC? and PWO?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

ULC = Ultra-low CarbPWO = Post-Work Out

Kaprice

I've been counting on whey powder to help me reach the last few grams of my protein target.

catalyst187

taking the accelerator shake on CNS is more than likely going to help more so than harm. 10g of protein is nothing to worry about. If you take more than one accelerator make sure its a solid 3-4 hours apart.

I have 1/2 a scoop of whey in my first meal (~12.5g protein), and 1+1/2 scoops with my meal around 4:30pm (2-3 hours pre-workout).  The second dose is taken with 3/4 tbsp of heavy cream and 2 oz. full-fat cheddar cheese.I am on CNS, and I drop fat at a rate of 1-2 lbs. a week.  No issues with this method of eating.  I rely, to some degree, on whey b/c I am vegetarian.My usable carbs still clock around 7.5g a day.Cory

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How much whey protein to take while on Carb Nite?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?