How to get a muscular upper body?

• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Would you say that the routine I posted above covers all those bases? I think its very balanced... plus its Keifers recommended one for backloading, thus I'm attracted to it... (PS... I've been doing the 4 major movements for a while, so thats note an issue)

The program does look very comprehensive, see how it goes for you -- the volume, etc.  Adjust however your body tells you to.  This could be lowered volume, increased volume, exercise changes, rep-range adjustments, etc.In all my years, I've never found any program that is one-size-fits-all.  That's part of the fun of lifting... tweaking, experimenting, etc.  Never a dull moment, never a lack of challenge if you really put thought into it. 😉Cory

I wanted to add, rep-range IS important depending on muscle-fiber make-up.  Here are some examples based on the general make-up of most people, per group (note:  there are always anomalies):Responds best to 5-8 reps, faster tempo:GlutesHamsLateral head tricepsPecsAnterior Delt (front)Responds best to 6-12 reps:Upper trapsGastroc calfLong head tricepsLatsLateral Delt (medial)BrachialisResponds best to 10-15 reps, slow tempo:QuadsSoleus calfMedial tricepsBack (everything but lats)Biceps brachii (both heads)BrachioradialisRear deltsForearmsCory

BenjaminD

I wanted to add, rep-range IS important depending on muscle-fiber make-up.  Here are some examples based on the general make-up of most people, per group (note:  there are always anomalies):Responds best to 5-8 reps, faster tempo:GlutesHamsLateral head tricepsPecsAnterior Delt (front)Responds best to 6-12 reps:Upper trapsGastroc calfLong head tricepsLatsLateral Delt (medial)BrachialisResponds best to 10-15 reps, slow tempo:QuadsSoleus calfMedial tricepsBack (everything but lats)Biceps brachii (both heads)BrachioradialisRear deltsForearmsCory

I think I've seen you mention this before. Do you have a link to a resource or something of that nature so I can read into this further?

I think I've seen you mention this before. Do you have a link to a resource or something of that nature so I can read into this further?

Yes:http://www.simplyshredded.com/muscle-specific-hypertrophy-biceps-back-and-legs-by-menno-henselmans.html...and...http://www.simplyshredded.com/muscle-specific-hypertrophy-chest-triceps-and-shoulders-by-menno-henselmans.htmlThe article's author includes references at the end of the article.I also pulled data from Bodybuilding.com.  Essentially, what I posted above is a compilation of reading / research I've done.  I am always trying to learn... and always trying to get more huge.Cory

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How to get a muscular upper body?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?