I keep trying to get fat and it doesn’t work!

• This topic has 8 voices and 51 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Naomi Most

Guys, what am I doing wrong?!  🙂The above is a link to my personal blog. I had a kickass training day yesterday followed by a kickass carb back-load, and what the hey, wanted to brag about it.Since doing Carb Back-Loading for the past month (with 1 cycle of Carb Nite due to my stupid sprained ankle), I've dropped another %-point of body fat (down to 19%). My weight's holding steady at 133lbs. I've also added 30lbs to my deadlift in the past 30 days and have finally surpassed bodyweight in squats and lunges (I was pretty weak in the glutes).  Other lift stats are on the sidebar on my blog.(Don't laugh: I only started training for strength on the major lifts 7 months ago, for the first time in my life. Also I had a baby last year. So there.)Incidentally, here are pics from before I started lifting heavy.And yes I need a haircut, OMG.

Richard Schmitt

Guys, what am I doing wrong?!  🙂The above is a link to my personal blog. I had a kickass training day yesterday followed by a kickass carb back-load, and what the hey, wanted to brag about it.Since doing Carb Back-Loading for the past month (with 1 cycle of Carb Nite due to my stupid sprained ankle), I've dropped another %-point of body fat (down to 19%). My weight's holding steady at 133lbs. I've also added 30lbs to my deadlift in the past 30 days and have finally surpassed bodyweight in squats and lunges (I was pretty weak in the glutes).  Other lift stats are on the sidebar on my blog.(Don't laugh: I only started training for strength on the major lifts 7 months ago, for the first time in my life. Also I had a baby last year. So there.)Incidentally, here are pics from before I started lifting heavy.And yes I need a haircut, OMG.

I'm trying not to get fat! Not exactly sure what you're doing though to not get fat, which is amazing by the way. I'll comment on what the links are here after I look at them.

Richard Schmitt

Ok saw the “Fit Yummy Mummy” link, and you look great!! CONGRATS!Now I saw the second link, yeah keep the hair, you don't need a haircut. Looks good actually. And secondly you do look great! I mean wow, CBL is really working out for you. I can't wait till I "dial" in correctly and start seeing my results. Oh and "When you get Carb Back-Loading right — when you’re really in the zone — you usually get the sweats as you sleep. Last night my pajama pants were soaked and my sheets were damp. And no, not because I wet my pants, smart ass." <--- One of the great things I find about this program...all the excuses you can make, though I personally don't believe this one had to do with your CBL Nite HAHA XD Just kidding!

Newfiedan
    Participant

impressive deadlift you have there, that is a heck of an accomplishment and you look awesome congrats.

Damon Amato
    Participant

wtg Naomi!  What method are you using for body fat testing?

Richard Schmitt

wtg Naomi!  What method are you using for body fat testing?

I was thinking the same thing when I was on her page, no way is she 19%BF

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

Showing the boys how it's done I see.I didn't see any side-by-side progress pics, but from what I can tell from the picture-links you provided you have made a significant change in body composition, and of course, your lifting prowess is growing daily!Also, I would have to agree with the body fat % comments, at least in part; your current pics with a purported 19% BF are significantly different from previous pics claiming 20%.  I won't begin to attempt a hypothesis on your current BF% based on pictures, just know you are kicking ass at recomposing your body and getting far stronger than someone with a sharp mind should be...  Double edge sword now, strong mind(sharp tongue), and strong body!

Hurley

Awesome!BTW, when my wife recently asked me what the hell I had been doing for so long on the internet, I showed her the forum and she wasn't interested!  So I showed her your blog and she spent the rest of the evening checking it out! she really loves it.  We even had to spend time checking it out "together".  I will admit it's cool, but at times there was a little too much information for an overly macho guy like me.

Naomi Most

Showing the boys how it's done I see.I didn't see any side-by-side progress pics, but from what I can tell from the picture-links you provided you have made a significant change in body composition, and of course, your lifting prowess is growing daily!

At this point I'm not too concerned with how I look -- seeing numbers go up is far more fun than down, so my primary goal is building strength. Drops in bodyfat are just icing on the cake, so to speak.I was totally surprised by how different I looked between month 12 and yesterday, though, which is why I wrote the post!  In particular my "mommy tummy" (that annoying little stripe of flab under the belly button from pregnancy) has almost disappeared.  You can see what I mean in the pics on my "about" page (scroll down to Month 12 Progress -- the fourth pic shows what I mean).Great things can happen when you're not really paying close attention to them, and instead focusing on just being a better, stronger, smarter human being.

Also, I would have to agree with the body fat % comments, at least in part; your current pics with a purported 19% BF are significantly different from previous pics claiming 20%.  I won't begin to attempt a hypothesis on your current BF% based on pictures, just know you are kicking ass at recomposing your body and getting far stronger than someone with a sharp mind should be...  Double edge sword now, strong mind(sharp tongue), and strong body!

Oh, the pics in the Fit Yummy Mummy post are something like 25% (BEFORE) and then down to 22% (AFTER) bodyfat. I should probably put that directly on the post itself.  (Incidentally, it was a second round of Carb Nite that took me from 22% to 20% in about a month.)I could definitely be wrong about my bodyfat %. I've been using a hand-held Omron thingamajig. It's internally consistent as long as I use it while hydrated at the same time every day (I usually do it at 11am) but definitely not accurate.Thing is, I keep more fat in my upper arms and torso and not much in my thighs and hips. So I figure the hand-held thing is going to measure high no matter what I do, but I use that number anyway because it's "at hand". (Ouch, quit it with the puns, Naomi...)And don't worry BigTex, I'm growing my hair out. I just feel like it needs a "transitional" cut, I can't do anything reasonable with it right now.  #girlproblems

Richard Schmitt

You know, this is just more motivation for me to really continue with this program by seeing the results you have done after doing this for months is really really amazing. Just saying.

Naomi Most

Oh! That's great, BigTex, but I'm not doing this for you!  😀I always feel weird putting my pics on the interwebs, but it always turns out to help someone. That makes me feel really good.Hurley: That's pretty awesome. Thank you for telling me that. I agree that Kiefer's material is entirely dude-oriented -- which is why BeautifullyHardcore.com now exists.  We've also been talking about writing a new diet book for women, but we'll see how our time shapes up in the months ahead. TONS of ideas in the hopper...

Richard Schmitt

Oh! That's great, BigTex, but I'm not doing this for you!  😀

..I know that just giving you a compliment...

Newfiedan
    Participant

I have given your blog link to my wife and many other women I know, so far most of them that have read your blog have found it highly inspirational, you are a warrior keep up the good work.

theilercabin

You look outstanding, PunkRockMom.  Love it!

Naomi Most

I have given your blog link to my wife and many other women I know, so far most of them that have read your blog have found it highly inspirational, you are a warrior keep up the good work.

Wow thank you!  That's highly motivational.Encourage these ladies to COMMENT though... I get so little feedback on my blog, I never know who's reading or what they think.  The analytics say there are people reading but sometimes I think they're all robots and spiders.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

I keep trying to get fat and it doesn’t work!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?