I think i am failing at this.

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

guitarslinger16
    Participant

It might be i am just having a bad day but i feel i am never going to be able to hit my goal of 10%bf not because of the cn because this diet and cbl are amazing but just because of me. i read these forums everyday and feel i can vent to most of you on here. I drink coffee and cream in the moring at 6 am i then eat at ten, A half pound 80/20 buger with bacon and then another about 1 pm  i have the same at around dinner time . Do full body work out sunday, tuesday and friday. I shld have recorded  my beginning numbers better when i started cns 8 weeks ago. I certainly have seen results and it might  be the water weight from my cn last night Any words of encouragement are greatly appriciated.

pshannon

It might be i am just having a bad day but i feel i am never going to be able to hit my goal of 10%bf not because of the cn because this diet and cbl are amazing but just because of me. i read these forums everyday and feel i can vent to most of you on here. I drink coffee and cream in the moring at 6 am i then eat at ten, A half pound 80/20 buger with bacon and then another about 1 pm  i have the same at around dinner time . Do full body work out sunday, tuesday and friday. I shld have recorded  my beginning numbers better when i started cns 8 weeks ago. I certainly have seen results and it might  be the water weight from my cn last night Any words of encouragement are greatly appriciated.

Some current stats would work Age: Weight: BF: Suggestions...Hold your coffee/cream until 2-3 hours after you wake ( drink black until then) Take out the meal at 10:00amOnly eat around 12:00pm and your dinner. Are you eating enough? What do your carb nites look like?

guitarslinger16
    Participant

I am 27 19% bf  i am 5' 8.  My carb nites are usually apple turn overs,  donouts, ice cream. Home made cookies. Pb and j cheese bugers with bun  french fries these are just some things i have had on carb nite certInly not all at Once . I am not sure if i am eating enough i weight 175 what wld my protein and fat ratio be

pshannon

I am 27 19% bf  i am 5' 8.  My carb nites are usually apple turn overs,  donouts, ice cream. Home made cookies. Pb and j cheese bugers with bun  french fries these are just some things i have had on carb nite certInly not all at Once . I am not sure if i am eating enough i weight 175 what wld my protein and fat ratio be

Take my suggestions above. Skip the 10am meal Protein = .8 to 1g /body weight = 140 - 175g ~ 560 - 700 kcalFat = .8 to 1g /body weight =140 - 175g ~ 1260 - 1575 kcal Carb = 30g ~ 170 kcal

guitarslinger16
    Participant

I will start doing this thank you .

bbuchan

Hey man keep it up!  This stuff works, I promise.  June 1 I was 6'3 220lbs 17% BF today I am 200lbs 10% BF.  Keep it up!  Backload every 7th day, bust your ass in the gym, add in cardio if you aren't already.  Shoot for 1 hour of HIIT cardio a week (4:30 active rest with 30 sec all out sprints)In addition shoot for 1 hour dedicated brisk walking (about 3.5mph on a treadmill), you can do it all at once or do 20-30 min after you complete your resistance training workout.Take shannons recommendation about skipping the 10am meal.  Have your coffee with either heavy cream or coconut oil about an hour after you wake to let cortisol levels fall a little, then don't eat till lunch.  What time do you workout?  For me I have been going sans food during the morning and doing my workouts fasted during lunch time. So my first true meal of the day is post workout.  This has made a big difference for me.Overall just keep it up, this stuff works!

guitarslinger16
    Participant

Thank you for the encouagement. I would never quit i love this program and i know it works. I guess sometimes we all need some support. I work out between 6 and 6:30 friday, sunday, tuesday. I lift heavy and to full body work out. I have never done HIIT i think that wld help even more. What do i do for that

sckiely
    Participant

Just relax and enjoy the process a little. Focus on the main points and don't over analyze everything. These forums are great but sometimes it is overwhelming with everybody throwing in bits of info.Read the book then find posts from Kiefer himself and use these. Training should not be of the highest intensity on CNS. Not for most people anyway. Try having some easy workouts with low volume and heavy weights. This could help.Also avoid using scales regularly. Once a fortnight at most. Go how you look and feel. How pants fit etc.

tlfoxy

Just relax and enjoy the process a little. Focus on the main points and don't over analyze everything. These forums are great but sometimes it is overwhelming with everybody throwing in bits of info.Read the book then find posts from Kiefer himself and use these. Training should not be of the highest intensity on CNS. Not for most people anyway. Try having some easy workouts with low volume and heavy weights. This could help.Also avoid using scales regularly. Once a fortnight at most. Go how you look and feel. How pants fit etc.

Great advice!  +1

bbuchan

Thank you for the encouagement. I would never quit i love this program and i know it works. I guess sometimes we all need some support. I work out between 6 and 6:30 friday, sunday, tuesday. I lift heavy and to full body work out. I have never done HIIT i think that wld help even more. What do i do for that

Well you definitely will find some support on these forums, its a small enough community I feel that everyone cares about each other's progress.  For HIIT, I do it about twice a week, once on my abs day, and once on a non lifting day and I either do it running (outside or on a treadmill) or on a spinning cycle.  Do not do HIIT on a lifting day especially if you are doing full body!  This will completely burn you out.  The way I do it (which is how Kiefer recommends doing it while on CNS) is I warm up at a slow easy walk or cycle for 4 and a half minutes and then do a 30 second all-out balls to the wall sprint.  This counts as 1 "interval".  I then do another 4 and a half minutes of active rest (ie: walking or slow cycling) followed by another 30 second burst.  If you lose control of your breathing during the sprint before 30 sec is up don't worry about it and stop the sprint and resume active rest.  I complete 6 total intervals and finish with a 5 minute cool down.  The entire process takes 35 minutes and I do this twice a week.I also wonder if changing from 3 total body workouts a week to instead trying a 3 day split and working each muscle group once a week would be beneficial.  Total body workouts tend to be especially taxing on the central nervous system and it is hard to put in intense effort when doing that many heavy compound movements.  I wonder if a 3 day split where you work each muscle once a week would improve your recovery and results.  Just some thoughts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

I think i am failing at this.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?