IF Article Feedback

• This topic has 5 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

Is there a need for protein to blunt the negative effects of fasting that are discussed in the 2 recent articles. At moment i am doing CNS, so i wake and have a coffee with cream and Coconut oil, maybe 2  😉Is this enough to keep the mTor active? It is just absence of carbs that matters, so pure fat will be as effective as the Am accelerator shake?At the moment my days are crazy busy, so i make sure i have coffee with cream a number of times and i carry around a piece of "Cheesecake" that i made using the Pie crust from CNS and ricotta/heavy cream and protein filling. I added chia seeds to the crust to increase fibre content? 5g carbs/ serve 10g protein and 30g fat roughlySo if i can't get a proper lunch this is my first meal! at about 1pm but i have had at least 50g of fat by this point, if you include 5g fish oil, coconut oil and Heavy cream!Is this okay? most days i do get to eat a fatty/ vege laden lunch but this is my fallback?

Damon Amato
    Participant

the cheesecake is probably enough for your body to be considered a “meal” instead of just trickles of fat from the cream in your coffee.  If you just did the coffee with cream until a “real” first meal for you though, I believe that's enough to blunt the negative effects.  I'm not totally sure if an AM accelerator shake would be more beneficial than just coconut oil or heavy cream though.  I would think as long as it's <10g protein then it should be fine.

sckiely
    Participant

What i am confused about is:- fats and small amounts of protein continue the fasted state without the decrease on mTor function. so does it matter if you continually ingest these macros. For Example, If i eat at 11pm, go to bed at midnight, wake up at 6am and have Coconut oil/ heavy cream in my coffee this won't effect anything? Or should i not take in ANY calories for 12hours? to get the best fat burning benefit?Is this as relevant for CNS as for CBL?These articles have been great, just need some specific clarifications

Damon Amato
    Participant

Good question. I would think its fine to do the coffee with cream within the twelve hours, but not sure. I would think continuing in this pattern would eventually lead to a decrease in metabolism.

zewski

What I got was the articles is this:Benefits of IF=Benefits from VLC-stateSo I think you're fine with the fat-only breakfast. The 12 hour mark seems like a limit for fasting with zero cals rather than a target to hit. Also I know you said you include coconut oil in your coffee so you should be fine. However, if you switch to only cream in your coffee realize that it will take around 3-5 hours for the fat to become available for energy (thereby extending your fast). Kiefer verified this for me in the comments. So maybe if you DO want to increase the length of your fast a bit, switch to just cream in your first coffee since you're body won't get any of the energy from the cream for about 3 hours.

Chuck

True about the cream, also Naomi told me that the cream/ coconut oil is considered fasting but without all the side effects of IF. I have been on the CNS and went from 215lbs down to 195lbs, I am 6’1” and I tell you what this diet is awesome. I lift 4-5 times a week on the 5X5 program. One thing I have found effective is waking up to coffee and coconut oil. Then around noon I eat a bag of lunch meat, and maybe some pork rinds’. Then I work out at 3:00 then have my dinner afterwards, later that night……. protein/ low carb yogurt. I have my CN every Saturday, then the next two days I do HIIT to empty any glycogen stores. Been working great for me.

Naomi Most

True about the cream, also Naomi told me that the cream/ coconut oil is considered fasting but without all the side effects of IF. I have been on the CNS and went from 215lbs down to 195lbs, I am 6’1” and I tell you what this diet is awesome. I lift 4-5 times a week on the 5X5 program. One thing I have found effective is waking up to coffee and coconut oil. Then around noon I eat a bag of lunch meat, and maybe some pork rinds’. Then I work out at 3:00 then have my dinner afterwards, later that night……. protein/ low carb yogurt. I have my CN every Saturday, then the next two days I do HIIT to empty any glycogen stores. Been working great for me.

That sounds perfect, yep!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

IF Article Feedback

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?