Insanity

• This topic has 8 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Sergiom33
    Keymaster

Has anyone done the Insanity program while using carb nite or carb back loading? would it work?

Not well.You would not be able to handle that work load.I did insanity before, it will just beat you into the ground.Despite what these programs make it seem like, it's really not that hard to get/stay on the leaner side of things.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Insanity would work with Carb Nite, but it is one of the worst training programs you could do.  CBL?  Don't even attempt it.

guitarjon
    Participant

I tried Insanity quite a while ago (2 years or so) and yeah, I don't think it would be a CBL thing.  As I remember there was only 1 resistance session with actual weights and the rest was plyometrics and a ton of cardio.

Richard Schmitt

Look into Tapout XT

Rudee

Anaerobic workout programs such as P90x, Insanity, Rushfit work best with CBL, as the main fuel for anaerobic exercise is glucose.  Because you have more carb refeeds through the week with CBL, you have more glucose available to fuel these higher intensity workouts.  Without enough glucose your body will take the energy it needs from your muscles.  You will still lose weight, but you will burn a lot of valuable muscle.  Around the middle of the week is when you start to deplete your glycogen stores on CNS, and this is not the time to be doing high intensity exercise of any kind.  Lower the intensity to ensure you are burning body fat for fuel, not muscle.  For CNS, stick with conventional weight training and cardio. 

cloudybrain
    Participant

I did insanity before finding out about CNS. I made a post about it before when it was mentioned in the Carb Nite forum. The biggest thing I noticed is the appetite. I just got hungrier and ate more than I did before. It had me craving for sugar and carbs. I also would get cramps in my muscles extremely fast so I had to have a solution mix of sodium and potassium in my water. I couldn't finish most of the sessions and I didn't lose any weight. People said I looked more toned though. When I stopped insanity, my appetite didn't stop and I immediately gained 30 more pounds. It's too much on the heart.. too much on the muscles.. it doesn't get you stronger.. all it does is tone you up.. but even that is doomed to fail when you stop. I am NOT a fan of this program at all.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Anaerobic workout programs such as P90x, Insanity, Rushfit work best with CBL, as the main fuel for anaerobic exercise is glucose.  Because you have more carb refeeds through the week with CBL, you have more glucose available to fuel these higher intensity workouts.  Without enough glucose your body will take the energy it needs from your muscles.  You will still lose weight, but you will burn a lot of valuable muscle.  Around the middle of the week is when you start to deplete your glycogen stores on CNS, and this is not the time to be doing high intensity exercise of any kind.  Lower the intensity to ensure you are burning body fat for fuel, not muscle.  For CNS, stick with conventional weight training and cardio.

Nope.  Insanity does not translocate GLUT4 to make CBL work.  Kiefer explicitly says in the CBL book Insanity is not appropriate for CBL.

Rudee

Nope.  Insanity does not translocate GLUT4 to make CBL work.  Kiefer explicitly says in the CBL book Insanity is not appropriate for CBL.

I've haven't done Insanity long enough to properly evaluate it with CBL, as I only did it for 30 days.  However, I've completed 3 full rounds of P90x (270 total days) and nearly a full round of Rushit, and I can say from personal experience that CBL works remarkably well with P90x and Rushfit.  I know Kiefer says Insanity doesn't work well with CBL, but P90x with CBL was fat loss city for me.  Took me from 18% bf to 12% in the first round (90 days), and didn't lose any muscle. 

Bodynsoil
    Participant

I've haven't done Insanity long enough to properly evaluate it with CBL, as I only did it for 30 days.  However, I've completed 3 full rounds of P90x (270 total days) and nearly a full round of Rushit, and I can say from personal experience that CBL works remarkably well with P90x and Rushfit.  I know Kiefer says Insanity doesn't work well with CBL, but P90x with CBL was fat loss city for me.  Took me from 18% bf to 12% in the first round (90 days), and didn't lose any muscle.

I would think body beast would be well suited as well..  Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

rogersga

Love BodyBeast!

Bodynsoil
    Participant

Love BodyBeast!

I have, and have completed, all of them.. Some more than once..  I do turbo fire HIIT sessions still, love them..  My husband is a strength noob, he is doing p90x and then I'll transition him to the beast.. Eventually he'll be comfortable enough to venture into a gym and/or work with me, he still needs guidance.  It's hard for him to work with me because I can out perform him on a things, so he lifts alone at this point.. He is making improvements daily however.  Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Richard Schmitt

Have y'all considered Tapout XT? I have it and want to use it. It's like P90x and Insanity. But MMA style, maybe you're husband might like that a little more?

Bodynsoil
    Participant

Have y'all considered Tapout XT? I have it and want to use it. It's like P90x and Insanity. But MMA style, maybe you're husband might like that a little more?

I've seen it and read about it but haven't done it yet, will you try it in the future..?Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Richard Schmitt

Sooner rather than later. I wouldn't do it every day, but maybe 2-3x a week in place of the other stuff I do. My father has been using the program and likes it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Insanity

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?