Internal Rotation Test

• This topic has 6 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

T nation posted a new article about internal shoulder rotation.  It has a test and some fixes.  Be sure to take a look at this.  I personally never met a lifter that was more flexible than myself, but even I failed this miserably.  Definitely something I'll work on.http://www.t-nation.com/training/supercharge-your-shoulders-to-lift-heavier

TCB
    Participant

Nice.. Glad to see he mentioned KStarr in there too. Was gonna say his youtube channel has TONS of stuff on IR.

I'm glad you posted this.I used to do a lot of work on my IR, and I noticed a big difference in my pull-ups. Then I got lazy.I need to get back to that.

backlash79

That barbell IR thing he posted in the article is gnarly, I tried it out this morning.

David Margittai
    Participant

My IR rotation is actually pretty decent. I can easily get down to ~2 fists. Definitely something worth continuing to work on, though. It's not like it takes a whole lot of time and effort to lie on your back for a few minutes a day and work it.Thanks for posting, ibob!

TCB
    Participant

On the testing, I've found that I cheat even when trying not to. I can't really stop it, even with the hand back there like he shows..Try having a friend/family member/someone take a shoe off, and stand with the ball of their foot on your shoulder to tack it down, and do the test. It completely changes my range of motion in the test.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

On the testing, I've found that I cheat even when trying not to. I can't really stop it, even with the hand back there like he shows..Try having a friend/family member/someone take a shoe off, and stand with the ball of their foot on your shoulder to tack it down, and do the test. It completely changes my range of motion in the test.

I was doing the same thing at first.  Finally I was able to stop cheating.

bigguysky

Is it just me? I can't see the videos on the page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Internal Rotation Test

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?