Intra-workout shake with carbs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Martin Tran
    Participant

To everyone on the DB path, I was wondering what you guys put in your intra-workout shake. I've been doing 50g of dextrose, 10g of hydro whey, 20g of casein and 5g of leucine for a few days. What do you guys think?

Richard Schmitt

That looks like a good Intra Shake. Keep it up if it is working for you.

maxwkw

I use an intra shake of 20g hydro casein, 45g carb, 5g Leucine, 5g creatine

Mikehr

To everyone on the DB path, I was wondering what you guys put in your intra-workout shake. I've been doing 50g of dextrose, 10g of hydro whey, 20g of casein and 5g of leucine for a few days. What do you guys think?

I assume thats cassein hydro above? If so it looks good.

Tomahawk

I was using Glycofuse 25/50g, hydro whey 15g, creatine mono 10g, leucine 5g.Definitely made longer grueling workouts easier to complete.

Martin Tran
    Participant

Just regular casein. I basically added carbs to the sustainer shake. I suppose that's not good?

Mikehr

Just regular casein. I basically added carbs to the sustainer shake. I suppose that's not good?

NO, regular casein digests incredibly slow and would just sit in your stomach during the workout. Stick to hydrolyzed protein for intra-workout, or just bcaas

NO, regular casein digests incredibly slow and would just sit in your stomach during the workout. Stick to hydrolyzed protein for intra-workout, or just bcaas

Yep.

Martin Tran
    Participant

Yeah, looking back, I saw that Kiefer wrote hydrolysate. Thanks for the corrections.

Big_R
    Participant

Yeah, looking back, I saw that Kiefer wrote hydrolysate. Thanks for the corrections.

I've been doing a protein/fat meal 1- hours before training, intra about 30-50g dextrose only, and when im about 75% done start sipping 35g hydrosylates

Mikehr

I've been doing a protein/fat meal 1- hours before training, intra about 30-50g dextrose only, and when im about 75% done start sipping 35g hydrosylates

Hows that working man?

Big_R
    Participant

Hows that working man?

excellent man.  I'm liking it so far -  i was a bit weary about the dex slowing down the uptake so i just keep em in seperate bottles.. it works.I'm thinking of getting the glycofuse...  which in that case i'd start mixing them both since the issue with the osmolality wouldn't be there.

Mikehr

Hows that working man?

excellent man.  I'm liking it so far -  i was a bit weary about the dex slowing down the uptake so i just keep em in seperate bottles.. it works.I'm thinking of getting the glycofuse...  which in that case i'd start mixing them both since the issue with the osmolality wouldn't be there.

Yeah its pricy but its good shit! And you have a pro-fat meal just 1 hour before training?

Big_R
    Participant

Hows that working man?

Yeah its pricy but its good shit! And you have a pro-fat meal just 1 hour before training?

either 1 hour or 1 and 1/2 hour before.  I'm going to post some update pics when i get more tan, but i can actually see abdominals rolling in    -->  I'm a happy son of a b***    8)and guess what..............It's still my set!

Mikehr

Hows that working man?

either 1 hour or 1 and 1/2 hour before.  I'm going to post some update pics when i get more tan, but i can actually see abdominals rolling in    -->  I'm a happy son of a b***    8)and guess what..............It's still my set!

haha thats awesome! I have always been told you need the 3 hours pre workout to let the FFA clear so that they aren't present when you spike insulin from the dex but I guess not! How many meals do you eat during the day? I wanna replace the am shake with a meal because I am so hungry between waking and 2 pm and I cant get all the cals in just 2 meals plus a snack before bed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Intra-workout shake with carbs.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?