Intra-workout shake with carbs.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

Yeah, looking back, I saw that Kiefer wrote hydrolysate. Thanks for the corrections.

I've been doing a protein/fat meal 1- hours before training, intra about 30-50g dextrose only, and when im about 75% done start sipping 35g hydrosylates

Hows that working man?

excellent man.  I'm liking it so far -  i was a bit weary about the dex slowing down the uptake so i just keep em in seperate bottles.. it works.I'm thinking of getting the glycofuse...  which in that case i'd start mixing them both since the issue with the osmolality wouldn't be there.

Yeah its pricy but its good shit! And you have a pro-fat meal just 1 hour before training?

either 1 hour or 1 and 1/2 hour before.  I'm going to post some update pics when i get more tan, but i can actually see abdominals rolling in    -->  I'm a happy son of a b***    8)and guess what..............It's still my set!

haha thats awesome! I have always been told you need the 3 hours pre workout to let the FFA clear so that they aren't present when you spike insulin from the dex but I guess not! How many meals do you eat during the day? I wanna replace the am shake with a meal because I am so hungry between waking and 2 pm and I cant get all the cals in just 2 meals plus a snack before bed

i don't know anything about that.  To be honest though i use a really lean meat source and the fat is extremely low... like 7g or something.  I am just in it for the protein really. well i decided to split them up smaller for digestive purposes... i eat first meal around 10:30-11 then 1:30 and then 4:30-5 between there. Also this has reduced gas/flatulence for me so it must be working, lol.  Also this was after talking to meadows about stalled fat loss...  and what a coincidence.. abs rolling in unintentionally on density bulking

Mikehr

Ohh ok that makes more sense, your not eating bacon and eggs 1 hour before lolSo I have been trying to just do 2 meals and the am shake and it sucked lol Am shake around 11, meal at 2:30 and meal at 8:30 then bed. Sucked for digestion and everything. Gonna do 2 meals during the day now...thank god! You notice any performance difference with a meal closer to the workout? BTW I am DB now as well  8)

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I do:20 g of casein hydro10 g of leucine28 g of glycofuse (25 carbs)4.6 g beta alanine 5 g of creatineI got the 10 g of leucine from Tanner Fox.  I think he got it from Meadow's website.  At first I thought it would be a waste but I have noticed significant results with the added leucine.  I have experimented with pre-workout meals and I don't like them.  I feel more energetic when I don't have to digest food.  I do have a cup of cottage cheese 2-2.5 hours before my workout though.

Big_R
    Participant

Ohh ok that makes more sense, your not eating bacon and eggs 1 hour before lolSo I have been trying to just do 2 meals and the am shake and it sucked lol Am shake around 11, meal at 2:30 and meal at 8:30 then bed. Sucked for digestion and everything. Gonna do 2 meals during the day now...thank god! You notice any performance difference with a meal closer to the workout? BTW I am DB now as well  8)

Less meals was ok when i ran CNS, but lower bodyfat i've done ok or even better with multiple smaller meals.  With the pre-workout meal i haven't noticed much in the way of performance. I was having some pre=workout fat/carbs weeks back, but have exchanged that with the low-fat/protein meal for cosmetic reasons, and i can say something is obviously working.  Strength hasn't dropped either thank god.

Mikehr

Less meals was ok when i ran CNS, but lower bodyfat i've done ok or even better with multiple smaller meals.  With the pre-workout meal i haven't noticed much in the way of performance. I was having some pre=workout fat/carbs weeks back, but have exchanged that with the low-fat/protein meal for cosmetic reasons, and i can say something is obviously working.  Strength hasn't dropped either thank god.

Ok cool, that all makes a lot of sense!

Kilim

I do:20 g of casein hydro10 g of leucine28 g of glycofuse (25 carbs)4.6 g beta alanine 5 g of creatineI got the 10 g of leucine from Tanner Fox.  I think he got it from Meadow's website.  At first I thought it would be a waste but I have noticed significant results with the added leucine.  I have experimented with pre-workout meals and I don't like them.  I feel more energetic when I don't have to digest food.  I do have a cup of cottage cheese 2-2.5 hours before my workout though.

I use to take 2 servings Purple Wraath + 5-10g  BCAA.Now I am using the Sustainer shake + 5-10g BCAA + 2g Beta Alanine + 2g Citrulline Malate + pinch of Electrolytes.Somehow with the morning fasted training, I been getting dizzy at times during my top sets.(Currently doing 5/3/1)I may try this Intra combo for a couple of sessions see if that helps.

Alexandre

Any suggestion on how to add protein if is hard/super expensive to find hydrolisates?

THinking on adding concentrate like 10-0 minutes before training and then leucine intra-training.

Tips?

THanks!

Sahar Ali
    Participant

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Intra-workout shake with carbs.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?