Is fasting normal?

• This topic has 6 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Chuck

Hey forum, got a few questions? I have been on the carbnite since 27Dec2011. Well I have been losing .5lbs a day. My day has slowly became a schedule like this. I wake up and have coffee W/ mct oil. Then I fast until 3:00 go to the gym. Then have dinner with 50/50 fat and protein. Does this sound about right? I have no problem fasting, similar to Kiefers comments on Big talk radio, that some people can fast feeling little to no urge to eat. Also one reason I fast is that food has been going right through me, and I don’t like working and going to the bathroom 10 times LOL. Well it's been 3 weeks on the carbnite and diet is going very well, cheat days are awesome and currently weigh 207lbs. Looking to get to 195lbs and then carb back load. 1. Is fasting normal?2. Should food run through you?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

I do the same thing, but usually with more cups of coffee or an AM accelerator shake. The only problem with this might be to get in enough food later in the day. Food should not run through you though. What do you eat during a normal day?

Chuck

Basic low carb day:7:00MCT OILCOFFEE 2 OR 3 CUPS3:00-10:00LOW CARB YOGURT CHICKEN BREAST (CHICKEN)SPINACHLOW CARB PROTEIN SHAKE 50GRAMS PROTEINMAYBE SOME CHEESE OR MEATS LIKE HAND SNACKs. KEEPING MY CARBS FROM 20G-30G.I was thinking it could be the MCT oil..... never had the sppedy bowel movements until I introduced it.

Allenxld

Might want to switch to coconut oil. I have never tried MCT oil. But Keifer states many, many times in both books to listen to your body.

sckiely
    Participant

i'd look into a fibre Supplement of some sort!

Naomi Most

Hey forum, got a few questions? I have been on the carbnite since 27Dec2011. Well I have been losing .5lbs a day. My day has slowly became a schedule like this. I wake up and have coffee W/ mct oil. Then I fast until 3:00 go to the gym. Then have dinner with 50/50 fat and protein. Does this sound about right? I have no problem fasting, similar to Kiefers comments on Big talk radio, that some people can fast feeling little to no urge to eat. Also one reason I fast is that food has been going right through me, and I don’t like working and going to the bathroom 10 times LOL. Well it's been 3 weeks on the carbnite and diet is going very well, cheat days are awesome and currently weigh 207lbs. Looking to get to 195lbs and then carb back load. 1. Is fasting normal?2. Should food run through you?

1. fasting's totally normal, especially in the day after Carb Nite (which happens to be my personal pattern).2. Food shouldn't run through you... This can happen when you aren't processing fats too well, or perhaps not getting enough fiber.  You can try upping your protein intake a BIT and carefully increasing veggies (accounting for carbs).  Salads can often make or break your digestion on Carb Nite.

Jtt
    Participant

Husk powder and embracing more green veggies, keeps me regular.

kvndai

@naomi omg that happened to me too today (day after carb nite) i fasted until 7pm…  😮i couldnt eat anything until then i was still stuffed haha

Chuck

Hey forum. Well I guess I am the exception because I stopped taking the MCT Oil and I am back to scheduled routine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is fasting normal?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?