Is MCT Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil all its made out to be?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

M G Young
    Participant

I have been looking around trying to find out more about MCT oil namely fractionated coconut oil and found this article.

Now I have been taking a tablespoon of MCT oil every morning with my coffee for about 2 months, daily. I do no usually eat till 11am (after waking around 7am) sometimes even later depending on when I train that day.

My question:

I wonder if rather than consuming fractionated (liquid) coconut oil which appears to have had all the Lauric acid removed and only contains Oleic acid, I would be better off having a tablespoon of virgin (solid at room temperature) coconut oil which contains a heap more of the Lauric acid plus the other fatty acids?

Here is another article that may help.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Im a first time poster 🙂

Spatz

Personally, I definitely feel its a better idea to ingest coconut oil to get your MCTs (all of them) instead of just taking the liquid MCT oil. I was on the MCT bandwagon for awhile until reading a few articles similar to those, and decided I was getting just as much, if not more, benefit from the lightly processed coconut oil.

So my 2cents, go complete coconut oil.

Richard Schmitt

^^^^ Big+1 MCT Oil does have it’s purpose but for what we actually need or call for, CO is perfect.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is MCT Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil all its made out to be?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?