Is Shockwave ideal for Mass building?

• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bmartinez531
    Keymaster

I'm 6'0, 195lbs and trying to make my way to 215 pounds, I'm a hardgainer for the most part, body fat is right around 8% right now. Would shockwave training be beneficial for putting on size?I currently go to the gym 5-6 days a week and I'm on the CBL diet. Thanks Bryan.

Richard Schmitt

Have you looked into DH Heavy Duty? SW is probably great with CBL SA and CNS.

Tomahawk

I gained quite a bit of weight with Shockwave plus a day of 531 squats boring but big. Then again I gain weight fairly easily. Give the DH Heavy Duty a shot. It looks like a lot of fun. It would be easier with a workout partner though.

Bmartinez531

Yeah i've looked at the heavy duty, although I'm wondering if there are any members who have testimony to results for mass building.

Rick

Where do you find info on the Heavy Duty portion on Shockwave?  Is it part of the Ebook protocol? Or added on. Thanks

CRich

There is a separate article on it. Just look through the training archives on the site and you should be able to find it. Here it is:http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/1226/heavy-duty-cbl/

Kiefer
    Participant

Shockwave has been an impressive mass builder for some as I laid it out in the free pdf. But it does require some adjustments most of the time. I probably won't be able to bring out the full plan until next year at the soonest. The heavy duty version would be a better template for a hard gaining. It is the program (well a variant of Dorian Yates program at the time) that first took my body weight into the 200+ range while staying lean.

s2brhall

I may be confused, where is the heavy duty template?  The posted link seems to be for the shockwave protocol. Or are they the same thing?Thanks.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

The link is for the heavy duty shockwave. What did you expect to find?

s2brhall

I guess I was confused.  From the initial posts I was thinking the reference to “DH Heavy Duty” was something different than Shockwave.  I don't recall seeing the Shockwave protocol refered to as “Heavy Duty”.  But if there the same thing than great.I have been doing shockwave for 2 months.  I love how quick the work outs are and I don't feel nearly as beat up as I did when doing 5/3/1 (which was great for improving my PRs but really wore me into the ground).  I am looking forward to seeing what happens when I switch from CNS to CBL SA with shockwave.  I have to wait a week or two longer though, my bicep tendon has flared up so no lifting this week.

s2brhall

Hah!  How convoluded it this?  I had to send the Heavy duty CBL link to my iphone and then I could get to the download for the Heavy Duty CBL pdf.  Now all is clear.  I couldn't see the down load link when viewing it on the PC I was using.  I am behing a firewall and what not here so I guess it was blocking parts of the page. Cheers 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is Shockwave ideal for Mass building?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?