Is there anything to drink for CBL besides water and coffee?

• This topic has 11 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I need to check the PX (military store) here to see if they got any of that...I mean I'll drink water during the day, but at night for my CBLing...I would like something different. I severly miss drinking sweet tea...especially being from Texas...Dr. Pepper was really difficult to give up after three years, but giving up sweet tea...literally tore my heart out D'=

Why is everyone in Texas so obsessed with Dr Pepper? I never can figure it out, my best friend and his down suck it down by the case. They had to take themselves slowly off like it was heroin because it's so much sugar.

Richard Schmitt

Water and Coffee???? What more could you need?  Those are the only two things I drink.  Water is so refreshing.  I would LOVE to drink a 2 liter of soda everyday forever.  But no diet allows that.  Once you get used to drinking only water, you don't get a craving for anything else.  Plus it saves money.

@stephenhdmrs, I know but I don't want a soda, just had a craving for it, I've been without soda for three years. Water is just fine for me, but when something different would be nice, every once in a while.

I need to check the PX (military store) here to see if they got any of that...I mean I'll drink water during the day, but at night for my CBLing...I would like something different. I severly miss drinking sweet tea...especially being from Texas...Dr. Pepper was really difficult to give up after three years, but giving up sweet tea...literally tore my heart out D'=

Why is everyone in Texas so obsessed with Dr Pepper? I never can figure it out, my best friend and his down suck it down by the case. They had to take themselves slowly off like it was heroin because it's so much sugar.

@Intensity Junkie, I'm not sure why, maybe because Dr. Pepper was created/made in Texas? Dublin,TX. I've been there, mostly we're obsessed with sweet tea, and Dr. Pepper.

Alex Fergus
    Participant

Milk?Would low fat/skim milk be ok during the back-load? Its pretty much 50/50 protein/carbs (being lactose).Thoughts - as i LOVE milk (2-3L per day before i started CBL last week)

Seeking optimal health & performance for myself & others at:
    Alex Fergus Coaching - 
www.AFCoaching.com.au

Richard Schmitt

Milk?Would low fat/skim milk be ok during the back-load? Its pretty much 50/50 protein/carbs (being lactose).Thoughts - as i LOVE milk (2-3L per day before i started CBL last week)

Not sure...I am lactose though, I would have to take this special pill so I don't get an upset stomach.

Damon Amato
    Participant

ugh, CNS book lists Hansen's diet soda as safe, and I see on the website it has Ace-k in it.  DAMN YOU SODA GODS!

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

Diet Dr Pepper doesn't list ace-k on the ingredients…  I'm still working on weaning myself from all sodas, but I currently still kill 1-2 liters of the stuff a day. I just need to make myself believe that water tastes best...

Damon Amato
    Participant

what about the aspartame?  is that insulinotropic also?

Naomi Most

Guys, don't beat yourselves up over the odd can of aspartame- or Ace-K-containing soda.  Just don't drink it every day.http://beautifullyhardcore.com/2011/11/a-diet-addiction/

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is there anything to drink for CBL besides water and coffee?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?