Is there anything to drink for CBL besides water and coffee?

• This topic has 11 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Is there?? I mean I gave up Crystal Light because of an ingredient that is listed considered bad in the book, it has potassium in it. Aseu-K or something like that. I drink coffee only in the mornings, and now just plain water throughout the day…I don't drink sodas, haven't in almost three years, so yeah I'm pretty clueless on what to drink now… =/ very upsetting.

6by6

Tea, Iced tea, green tea, sweet tea (with splenda or your favorite sugar sub) all flavors of KOOL AID with your own sweetener. Snapple also has packets not sure if they contain the forbidden ingredient but they pretty good.

Richard Schmitt

Tea, Iced tea, green tea, sweet tea (with splenda or your favorite sugar sub) all flavors of KOOL AID with your own sweetener. Snapple also has packets not sure if they contain the forbidden ingredient but they pretty good.

I need to check the PX (military store) here to see if they got any of that...I mean I'll drink water during the day, but at night for my CBLing...I would like something different. I severly miss drinking sweet tea...especially being from Texas...Dr. Pepper was really difficult to give up after three years, but giving up sweet tea...literally tore my heart out D'=

6by6

I make sweet tea with splenda pretty good and this and peak diet sweet tea is amazing.

theilercabin

Tea fucking sucks for the most part.  Christ, I need to find something worthwhile to drink that simply will not significantly hinder progress.  Something to drink during lunch, and something to drink at night while chilling out.  The various teas can be ok for a bit, but damn fellas it would be nice to have a gratifying drink that is satisfying to the senses.  Any suggestions?

Kris1501

Vitamin Water Zero?? That's okay isn't it? I sure hope so! I drink 1 of those a day…

Richard Schmitt

Sorry if this sounds bad, but I'm really glad others are in the same boat so we can get suggestions and figure this out…I miss sweet tea…just sucks that a lot of this crap we have nowadays fucks us up

Jtt
    Participant

I drink diet snapple, diet green tea and hansens diet natural soda. During workouts its zero carb / sugar free rockstar. In a pinch, those 0 cal powders you add to water (carb free) works as well. Things I try to watch out for are the sugar alcohols and artificial sweetners that keifer mentioned in carbnite.

Richard Schmitt

I drink diet snapple, diet green tea and hansens diet natural soda. During workouts its zero carb / sugar free rockstar. In a pinch, those 0 cal powders you add to water (carb free) works as well. Things I try to watch out for are the sugar alcohols and artificial sweetners that keifer mentioned in carbnite.

Well see I have the Carb Nite ebook, and it says a bunch of drinks in there are allowable, like the Lo-Carb Monster energy drink, but in the CBL ebook the potassium ingredient that are in a lot of sugar free drinks need to be avoided...so Crystal Light packets had that so I threw the shit ton I had out, I had bought the energy drink to indulge in during the day or when I'm eating dinner, but I can't now...plain water all day or coffee in the morning =/ I would if those Fuze Low-Cal drinks are acceptable.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I haven't had time to dive into the new book.  Cliff notes on this potassium ingredient, why it's bad, and what drinks have it?

robhally

The artificial sweetener called Acesulfame Potassium that is found in nearly all “diet” drinks spikes insulin levels too much. I swear every single calorie free drink label I've read has this sweetener in it, even my mints have it… No more fresh breath for me… haha

Damon Amato
    Participant

does that mean they would be ok to have on a carb nite then?

Richard Schmitt

does that mean they would be ok to have on a carb nite then?

...you know I didn't even think about it, maybe it could be ok to drink stuff like that when having a CN or CBL, just not during the low-carb portion of the day...

stephenhdmrs

Water and Coffee???? What more could you need?  Those are the only two things I drink.  Water is so refreshing.  I would LOVE to drink a 2 liter of soda everyday forever.  But no diet allows that.  Once you get used to drinking only water, you don't get a craving for anything else.  Plus it saves money.

robhally

Here's an article from beautifullyhardcore.com that pertains to the topic at hand.http://beautifullyhardcore.com/2011/11/a-diet-addiction/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is there anything to drink for CBL besides water and coffee?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?