Is Your Weight Loss Diet Making You Fatter?

• This topic has 2 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gnomer
    Participant

Gl;itch.e

Is that the layne norton thing? I watched that last night. I understand what he's getting at but Im not convinced that his example of slow dieting and then reverse dieting gets around the problem entirely. I think yes it should be a safer alternative, but any prolonged caloric restriction regardless of how slowly you got there is likely to cause similar long term adaptations.

Gnomer
    Participant

it doesn't get around it as his graph shows just not as extreme as the severe restrictions obviously…

Gl;itch.e

it doesn't get around it as his graph shows just not as extreme as the severe restrictions obviously...

Yeah. I did have a laugh at the graph though. I mean the whole thing is hypothetical, and yes I realise it was just to illustrate his points.

Gnomer
    Participant

it doesn't get around it as his graph shows just not as extreme as the severe restrictions obviously...

Yeah. I did have a laugh at the graph though. I mean the whole thing is hypothetical, and yes I realise it was just to illustrate his points.

can't think of really anything when it comes to the human body and nutrition/weight loss/muscle building that isn't hypothetical.. seems every time they think they got a grasp on things a new hormone or process is discovered that makes you look at things in a whole new way...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is Your Weight Loss Diet Making You Fatter?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?