Jay Robb whey isolate is pretty f–king good.

• This topic has 3 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I've tried a lot of different whey products in my time, but the label claims are true on this one (despite being skeptical at first).  It really is the BEST tasting, natural whey I've ever tried.  Stevia-sweetened, comes in a nice variety of flavors (I am using the strawberry, currently).It mixes a bit clumpy... needs extra stirring... but, it goes down really f--king smooth!Highly recommended... just a bit pricey.  Quality isn't cheap.http://www.swansonvitamins.com/JAY015/ItemDetailCory

Looks like a solid product.My only qualm would be the price. I can get 3 lbs of Whey Protein Isolate with all natural Strawberries N Cream flavoring in a jug for $38.87 in conjunction with a 5% coupon code. (AND028 is one.)

Looks like a solid product.My only qualm would be the price. I can get 3 lbs of Whey Protein Isolate with all natural Strawberries N Cream flavoring in a jug for $38.87 in conjunction with a 5% coupon code. (AND028 is one.)

I can do better than that...  😉$33.97 for 2.97 lbs. of natural whey isolate (comes in natural Vanilla or natural Chocolate) w/ an awesome macro profile:http://www.swansonvitamins.com/NEC017/ItemDetail...Swanson is also REALLY good at having working coupon codes (you'll find a myriad in Google search - "swanson vitamin coupon code"), there is usually a 10% off, and sometimes a combined free-shipping option.Cory

That said, wow, the options available at that site you linked me to are AWESOME!I might give them a try for my next protein order.  😀Cory

I can do better than that...  😉$33.97 for 2.97 lbs. of natural whey isolate (comes in natural Vanilla or natural Chocolate) w/ an awesome macro profile:http://www.swansonvitamins.com/NEC017/ItemDetail...Swanson is also REALLY good at having working coupon codes (you'll find a myriad in Google search - "swanson vitamin coupon code"), there is usually a 10% off, and sometimes a combined free-shipping option.Cory

Do you have any details for the "Super Collagen" protein that's 50% of the blend? I'd be interested to see the amino acid profile.

Do you have any details for the "Super Collagen" protein that's 50% of the blend? I'd be interested to see the amino acid profile.

I'd have to have a look at home (I'm at work), the container lists the amino profile.  As I recall, it is precisely like most whey isolate products... 5g BCAAs @ a 2:1:1 ratio in favor of Leucine.  It also contains 5g of L-Glutamine per scoop, if I recall.Cory

I'd have to have a look at home (I'm at work), the container lists the amino profile.  As I recall, it is precisely like most whey isolate products... 5g BCAAs @ a 2:1:1 ratio in favor of Leucine.  It also contains 5g of L-Glutamine per scoop, if I recall.Cory

Ah, I see why it is so cheap now - one scoop is 66% protein, versus 90% for the TN product. Still interested to see the AA profile, since hydrolyzed collagen is mainly glycine, proline and hydroxyproline.

Ah, I see why it is so cheap now - one scoop is 66% protein, versus 90% for the TN product. Still interested to see the AA profile, since hydrolyzed collagen is mainly glycine, proline and hydroxyproline.

The scooper is HUGE!  The biggest damn thing I've ever seen.  Fills up a 16oz mug nearly 1/2 way in powder, but mixes EASY in water.  Each scoop still contains 30g protein, but I will have to look at the profile at home, and send you the details.Cory

The scooper is HUGE!  The biggest damn thing I've ever seen.  Fills up a 16oz mug nearly 1/2 way in powder, but mixes EASY in water.  Each scoop still contains 30g protein, but I will have to look at the profile at home, and send you the details.Cory

Thanks, definitely interested.As a side note, the TN is 3.19 cents per gram of protein versus 3.77 cents per gram for the Swanson. Both are certainly well priced.

bioengineer

Have you guys ever had Charles poliquin's whey stronger 2.0? Holy fucking hell it's perfection but the most expensive stuff ever

Have you guys ever had Charles poliquin's whey stronger 2.0? Holy fucking hell it's perfection but the most expensive stuff ever

No, I haven't... but, if it is that good, I need to seek it out at least for one go.What is the best price you've gotten it for, and where?Cory

So… looking at the back of my Collagen Sport Whey Isolate by NeoCell Sport…Per 45g scoop (told you it was big... about 15g bigger than most scoopers):123 cals.5g fat2.25g carbs (not useable... from fiber)0g sugar30g proteinFull of protective vitamins and anti-oxidants1,000mg L-Glutamine4.5g of BCAAs (doesn't specify amounts, but I'd imagine it being 2:1:1 in favor of Leucine like most whey)It's all natural and stevia-sweetened.Cory

Just ordered from True Nutrition, a customized whey isolate… giving it a try.  Will see how it goes when it arrives.The price is good, but the shipping cost makes it slightly shitty.  If the protein is REALLY nice, I will eat that shipping cost, going forward, and keep with this retailer.Cory

Just ordered from True Nutrition, a customized whey isolate... giving it a try.  Will see how it goes when it arrives.The price is good, but the shipping cost makes it slightly shitty.  If the protein is REALLY nice, I will eat that shipping cost, going forward, and keep with this retailer.Cory

What flavor did you get?

What flavor did you get?

Natural Orange Cream, with a double-dose of flavor!  8)Opted for stevia sweetening, too.  I got cheap with packaging, I went with the bags.Cory

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Jay Robb whey isolate is pretty f–king good.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?