Just bought App – where is Ripped Protocol?

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Walter Norwood
    Participant

Hey guys – help me out here…what am I missing? I'd like to look through the ripped protocol, I bought the app for $9.99…where is the ripped protocol?

TheBrianRoth

The Ripped Vs Jacked simply takes out one (or two) exercises depending on how you're feeling for the day. The exercise it always takes out is smack in the middle of the routine and usually a 2 rep exercise. Example on chest day it's the 2 rep bench that you'd skip.

Walter Norwood
    Participant

Where does it say what level the exercise is? Level 0, 1, 2, U?Also - do I get to tell it how I'm feeling that day and it will exclude exercised based on such? I guess I'm asking how am I going to know which to skip if I'm feeling so/so and want to only do levels 0,1,U?

TheBrianRoth

Where does it say what level the exercise is? Level 0, 1, 2, U?Also - do I get to tell it how I'm feeling that day and it will exclude exercised based on such? I guess I'm asking how am I going to know which to skip if I'm feeling so/so and want to only do levels 0,1,U?

Sadly, NO. I haven't seen anywhere for settings to adjust levels. The only way I knew which levels are which is that I have the PDF of SW1.4 on my iPhone as well and looked at it as a reference real quick before starting each day. Also, if you do a "Plan" (which uses the Shockwave Protocol) there's no way to bump days around or modify that plan after it's created. It's kind of frustrating to be honest b/c, for example, today I didn't get a chance to go to the gym this morning, so I did my workout at home with dumbbells. My plan is already set up for "gym" with full equipment, so to modify the workout, I had to create a new workout w/ limited equipment. It'd be nice if within the plan you could dial in settings such as levels, equipment, etc. Hopefully in an update to come.

Walter Norwood
    Participant

No bueno – I thought I was able to tell it which levels I wanted to do that day and it would do only those OR tell me what the levels are of each exercise so I would know which ones to exlude if I only felt like doing Levels 0, 1, and U. Obviously I can follow along w/ the spreadsheet but that's only good for the first week of workouts. I can figure out the Level X, and I guess I realize that all PSR sets are Level 1, most straight sets are Level 2, if it's a different body part it's U, and the single sets of low reps is the Level X.I get it, but I guess you have to know the system. I can't imagine people using it while doing a workout. I'll probably do it beforehand and write down the workout and weights before I go.Also - how do people typically advance week to week. Do you casually increase the weights from week to week? I'll keep reps the same, so for a Level 2: 2x8, I'll keep the reps at 8 but I'd like to always aim to improve something week to week (when possible) like reps or weights. Thoughts?

Richard Schmitt

The last part of the post is a good idea you should always try to improve

TheBrianRoth

No bueno - I thought I was able to tell it which levels I wanted to do that day and it would do only those OR tell me what the levels are of each exercise so I would know which ones to exlude if I only felt like doing Levels 0, 1, and U. Obviously I can follow along w/ the spreadsheet but that's only good for the first week of workouts. I can figure out the Level X, and I guess I realize that all PSR sets are Level 1, most straight sets are Level 2, if it's a different body part it's U, and the single sets of low reps is the Level X.I get it, but I guess you have to know the system. I can't imagine people using it while doing a workout. I'll probably do it beforehand and write down the workout and weights before I go.Also - how do people typically advance week to week. Do you casually increase the weights from week to week? I'll keep reps the same, so for a Level 2: 2x8, I'll keep the reps at 8 but I'd like to always aim to improve something week to week (when possible) like reps or weights. Thoughts?

I can't speak with any authority on how they increase/advance week to week b/c this is the first week I've used the app. I'd definitely try to keep the reps close to the same and increase weight. Obviously, if you have to drop the reps by one or two so that you could increase weight, it's not that big of a deal but if it says 10 reps, I wouldn't do any less than 8. I will say of the app, I like that it saves your weight from the last time you worked out. When you do the same exercise again, you'll already know right where you were at a week prior.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Just bought App – where is Ripped Protocol?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?