Kiefer’s Carb Nite routine

• This topic has 26 voices and 47 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

zewski

So I read on Kiefer's Hulk factor article over at elitefts.com that he followed a 6-day bb'ing split with only walking as cardio while he used CNSAnyone have any insight to what this may have looked like?I ask because normally I would expect such a routine to cause over-training pretty quickly, so it would be cool to know how Kiefer went about programming this split. Plus, this was before he got into shockwave/perfect-rep stuff so I'm assuming it's something different.

IOWA.PharmD

I believe Tex asked about this awhile back and no answer was given. I would like to know the answer as well.

Richard Schmitt

Yes…yes I did ask this and nothing…I'm hoping it'll be different, because the guy is ripped and I'd like to know how one does this.

zewski

Oh my bad for the copy topicĀ  :-XI thought that was asking what he does NOW, not what he did back when using CNSEither way let's try to keep this thread alive so we can get some sort of answer haha. I'm not trying to copy it exactly or anything, I'm more interested in seeing how much volume in general he was able to handle while on this diet. It's a trick situation VLC, but not necessarily in a caloric deficit. To be honest I've never done a diet like this before so I'm not sure what I can/can't handle training wise.

Richard Schmitt

Oh no need to apologize, it'll be a good thing because it will hopefully get noticed and answered. Well what ever he does now, would be great to know as well because he's able to maintain 6% BF year-round sooooooo yeah I want to know the “secret” haha. I have noticed, even though I have been trying to keep my fat levels up during the ULC part of the day, it is difficult for me to get stronger in the gym. Today's workout was well less than pleasing, the strength is the same, but slowly, slowly going up. It's also difficult to not have a workout partner.

Kiefer
    Participant

Sorry that missed the last topic on this one.By BB split, I didn't refer to the overall volume, but how I broke down what body parts on which days. These days, my split covers 4 days, not 6--and sometimes, depending on my schedule, I will collapse it down to 2 days.For the 6-day split, to prevent burning out when on CNS, I followed many of the tenants of the Subzero Workout published in Men's Fitness (or was it Muscle & Fitness, I can't remember now). 1) Total number of sets in a workout did not exceed 25;2) Rest between sets was taken to 3 to 5 minutes;3) Rep range for work sets was 6 to 8;4) In exception to 3, I always did a heavy double or triple on the first primary compound movement for that day (for example, I always ended bench with a heavy set of 2 to 3 reps);5) I never went to absolute failure on any exercise at any weight.If there's some interest, I'm happy to put together another downloadable workout schedule like for Heavy-Duty CBL with the full details.

sckiely
    Participant

That would be great Kiefer, thank you

Damon Amato
    Participant

+1

Richard Schmitt

Please and thank you Kiefer. +1

zewski

DEFINITELY yes!And thank you for the response!

Chuck

Definitely in. +1

Kevin rogers
    Participant

No interest!Kidding, anything you are able to share is like having Santa Claus visit more than once a year.

Newfiedan
    Participant

+1 for sure

zewski

No interest!Kidding, anything you are able to share is like having Santa Claus visit more than once a year.

haha ditto, every time an article comes out I actually get excited.

Richard Schmitt

Curious, has anyone recieved any emails regarding this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Kiefer’s Carb Nite routine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?