Knee rehab excercises, PWO + leucine after to help build quads?? Help!

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Twinkeelfool
    Participant

Maybe a long shot, but I've just started rehab for a snapped patellar. My quads on my bad leg are, well minuscule hahah. I'm doing a lot of excercises everyday and I just had a thought. I'm on CNS and I wondered if I could do half a scoop of protein powder and 5g of leucine afterwards to help build the muscle. My 2 main concerns are1.) Although my quads get a good workout during these excercises I'm not sure if I'm using up enough glycogen for the leucine and powder to get absorbed enough to do anything.2.) Insulin spike from the powder. I thought if I went half a scoop (15g low carb ) I'd make sure I avoided any possible insulin spike. Any advice would be much appreciated. It's very early days and I understand it will take me a while to build the muscle back up but any advantage no matter how small is a big help to me. CheersMark.

Richard Schmitt

Mark, there's never been a bad suggestion for having a PWO Shake after a workout. It is ideal and normally recommended. So you can do the whole scoop plus the leucine. The spike with help the body from being catabolic from the workout and help with recovery/muscle growth. Hope you heal up well, and soon.

Twinkeelfool
    Participant

Thanks tex, I figured I've got a crap load of powder and leucine so may as well use it haha. Thanks mate, I'm coming along but it's very slow. I'm impatient at the best of times so just wanna rip in. In this case though, pushing too far too fast will set me way way back so have to play it slow and steady.

Personally, I think using a PWO after a rehab session, or any type of session like pre/pre-hab is a waste. I don't know if will hurt progress, I just don't think it will really help until you get to actually using real weights and things like squats, even if they are lighter.

Twinkeelfool
    Participant

Haha thanks for the brutal honesty mate. End of next week I hope to get on a recumbent bike, so in a month I might be able to do some hiit on the bike at least. Using CNS I'm keeping pretty close to my usual weight. Considering I'm doing nothing but rehab stuff that's pretty good I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Knee rehab excercises, PWO + leucine after to help build quads?? Help!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?