Latest Garbage to Come Out of the Ivy League…

• This topic has 5 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

New Harvard study on how eating red meat will give you cancer.  More correlation = causation garbage.  You can find it here:  http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/archinternmed.2011.2287v1

Damon Amato
    Participant

perhaps conventionally raised meat or McDonald's meat which is mostly pink slime drowned in ammonia…..I'd love to see a good study with high quality meat to see if they get the same result.

Damon Amato
    Participant

not to directly show the opposite, BUT:http://www.ajcn.org/content/70/2/221.short

dawatts22

perhaps conventionally raised meat or McDonald's meat which is mostly pink slime drowned in ammonia.....I'd love to see a good study with high quality meat to see if they get the same result.

I wonder this too.  I know it may never happen but how about a study on grass finished beef.  Its a whole different product, the REAL product.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

A study on grass fed beef would be a waste of money because so few people eat it.  Anyways the reason the study found that red meat consumption is linked with mortality is because typically the people who eat a lot of red meat are not health concoius people.  Most likely, they have a diet high in sugar and in the case of fast food, eating french fries (fried in whatever unhealthy vegtable oil) and soda.What they should do is a study on soybean oil consumption.  In my opinion all of these studies are coming from a push for the public to consume more soy products, as if we don't already.

dawatts22

“A study on grass fed beef would be a waste of money because so few people eat it.”  Maybe for the general public but really its what I want.  ;D  And I think more and more people will start towards grass finished beef for health concerns much as people have turned towards organic foods for health concerns.

Naomi Most

"A study on grass fed beef would be a waste of money because so few people eat it."  Maybe for the general public but really its what I want.  ;D  And I think more and more people will start towards grass finished beef for health concerns much as people have turned towards organic foods for health concerns.

Good argument for crowd-funded science.

dawatts22

"A study on grass fed beef would be a waste of money because so few people eat it."  Maybe for the general public but really its what I want.  ;D  And I think more and more people will start towards grass finished beef for health concerns much as people have turned towards organic foods for health concerns.

I'd buy in.

devilmanVISA

Its worked wonders for the indie video game developers.http://www.kickstarter.com/Edit:How about a crowd funded study for CBL? You guys buy me back load foods and I will "test" them.

Naomi Most

Its worked wonders for the indie video game developers.http://www.kickstarter.com/Edit:How about a crowd funded study for CBL? You guys buy me back load foods and I will "test" them.

Yep I've run 2 Kickstarters myself... not for video games though!  One of them actually succeeded!  🙂Yeah I dunno about buying people's foods, but running a crowd-funded study would definitely be within the scope of DH's larger aims.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Kiefer should open a research center for fitness and nutrition, similiar to Weider Research. 

Damon Amato
    Participant

Can you imagine the research center employee cafeteria? 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Garbage to Come Out of the Ivy League…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?