Leucin in PWO after workout

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jessegirl
    Participant

Good morning (or evening), I am new at all this so I will have the odd question that may seem obvious to you all that needs an explanation.  Why Leucin (sp?) in my protein shake after my workout?  I am day 7 reorientation of CNS (my first time trying this....have to say excited and nervous) :).  I am trying shockwave protocol (second day today).  Thanks so much Alison

Richard Schmitt

Gives you the adequate insulin spike that you need PWO to prevent any further catabolism towards your body, and help with recovery/growth. The shake should be taken an hour after you train though, if you're training in the evenings. Mornings are a bit different.

Jessegirl
    Participant

Wonderful.  Thanks Big TexI'll pick some up today.on another note.  I downloaded MFP (my fitness pal) and not sure how to manipulate the goals to have  my carbs under 30 grams.  I put in my weight and my weight goal (which was only a couple of lbs) as I really don't measure my success by my weight.  this is what they gave me: Your Suggested Fitness and Nutrition GoalsCongratulations! Your personalized diet and fitness profile is now complete. Based on your answers, here are your suggested nutrition and fitness goals.Nutritional goals Target Net Calories Consumed* / Day  1,830 Calories / Day  Carbs / Day 229.0 g Fat / Day 61.0 g Protein / Day 92.0 g Perhaps Penny can answer as she graciously suggested I download the app to start tracking.  I am also not sure how many grams of protein and fat I should be eating.  Thank you so muchAlison xxFitness Goals Target Calories Burned / Week  680 Calories / Week  Workouts / Weekends 3 workouts Minutes / Workout 45 minutes If you follow this plan...Your projected weight loss is  0.5 lbs/week  You should lose  2.5 lbs by March 31

Richard Schmitt

I would not use their calorie suggestions, they don't understand low carb macros/calories much. Do the custom link, and plug in your macros yourself. Try to get 1g/BW for protein, keeping carbs below 30g and fill the rest of the percentages with fats.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I was told to make sure I have L-leucine only vs one with other things.  Not sure if it matters but wanted to throw that out there.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Gives you the adequate insulin spike that you need PWO to prevent any further catabolism towards your body, and help with recovery/growth. The shake should be taken an hour after you train though, if you're training in the evenings. Mornings are a bit different.

I'm just curious, how should leucine be taken if training in the morning then? Before, I'd take it an hour after training with my protein, although lately I've just been doing a small whole food meal.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Richard Schmitt

I'm just curious, how should leucine be taken if training in the morning then? Before, I'd take it an hour after training with my protein, although lately I've just been doing a small whole food meal.

Meaning the wait time. With AM Training, wait an hour for the PWO Shake (Whey and Leucine), then wait another hour only consuming coconut oil, MCT oil, and/or coffee. Then your whole food meals.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Meaning the wait time. With AM Training, wait an hour for the PWO Shake (Whey and Leucine), then wait another hour only consuming coconut oil, MCT oil, and/or coffee. Then your whole food meals.

Ohhh, got it sir, thank you 🙂

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Leucin in PWO after workout

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?